We Got Destroyed

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The O-line needs to significantly improve before we take the next step.
Spot on.

Inability to convert short yardage situations is maddeningly unacceptable. For the life of me I can’t understand snapping out of shotgun in these situations. QB sneak is traditionally very successful yet we refuse to try it.

And why isn’t there a RB screen in our playbook? Draw play? Our offense is horribly predictable. Someone needs to light a fire under the asses of our O-Line or fire the position coach and/or strength coordinator. O-Line is the backbone of every offense- ours is easily the weakest link on the team.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Spot on.

Inability to convert short yardage situations is maddeningly unacceptable. For the life of me I can’t understand snapping out of shotgun in these situations. QB sneak is traditionally very successful yet we refuse to try it.

And why isn’t there a RB screen in our playbook? Draw play? Our offense is horribly predictable. Someone needs to light a fire under the asses of our O-Line or fire the position coach and/or strength coordinator. O-Line is the backbone of every offense- ours is easily the weakest link on the team.

We ran a couple RB screens today. That can’t be a complaint. The Oline needs to get more physical.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan94

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I never said they were getting blown out by those teams but going 1-7 against them isn't cutting it either. Last year they needed a miracle comeback just to beat a clearly less talented K-State team.

No it's not cutting it but I wouldn't say ISU has been clearly more talented than many teams they've played, let alone KSU.

ISU in 2017 held KSU to less than 100 yards of offense before the 4th quarter and a defensive lapse was the difference vs. Iowa. They played just fine vs. those types of teams. Just a little less fundamentally sound.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
U2fSljZP_400x400.jpg

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
IMO, coming in I knew ND was the better team but I felt we had a shot. We played good at times, moved the ball, got some stops. But you can’t make mistakes against teams like this. Two fumbles the first two drives knocked the wind out of our sails. A false start when first and goal, a dropped TD pass (tough catch tho), weird 4th down execution, missed assignment on the wide open TE are things you can’t do and expect to have a chance at an upset.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
No it's not cutting it but I wouldn't say ISU has been clearly more talented than many teams they've played, let alone KSU.

ISU in 2017 held KSU to less than 100 yards of offense before the 4th quarter and a defensive lapse was the difference vs. Iowa. They played just fine vs. those types of teams. Just a little less fundamentally sound.
Line play > Skill players every time.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
And that’s life. You get punched in the face and you fall down. You lose and figure out a way to make sense of the ashes. This team was so much better than most ISU teams, but it just didn’t quite have it together. Good players, good coaching, but not quite there.
Thanks. Now I have this song running through my head ...

Last edited:
Reactions: BoxsterCy

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
IMO, coming in I knew ND was the better team but I felt we had a shot. We played good at times, moved the ball, got some stops. But you can’t make mistakes against teams like this. Two fumbles the first two drives knocked the wind out of our sails. A false start when first and goal, a dropped TD pass (tough catch tho), weird 4th down execution, missed assignment on the wide open TE are things you can’t do and expect to have a chance at an upset.

This was essentially our entire season, just replace the ND with any team that beat us. I think this is a coaching problem. They will own it and move forward. We are in the hands of a capable staff.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
6971C73E-C286-4033-95A1-8347385239CE.jpeg

Both are bums that couldn’t make it at ISU but feel it’s someone else’s fault they’re not good enough to play big 12 football.

Help Support Us

Become a patron