Is Brock Purdy still a Heisman Candidate?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Purdy had a really bad day, no doubt about it. Just did not look sharp at all. Next year is next year. Everything is still out in front of him, but he has to make plays all season, didn't do much the last 3 games of the year.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Still? That would imply that at one point he seriously was. He stuffed some stats, but it seems like we had just about as many where the hell is Purdy games as we had games where it looked like he was an award contender. Also need the team to close in the tight games, going to need 10+ wins to have a shot at it.

So given all that, I guess my answer is no.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not with Manning scheming things and calling plays.

Schematically we are one of the worst offenses I've watched all year. No creativity, no misdirection, nothing. Drop back passing to 15 yd routes, that's it. Nothing underneath, no screens, no dump off RBs as a safety valve for Purdy when other teams bring the heat. It's just terrible to watch, sorry.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not with Manning scheming things and calling plays.

Schematically we are one of the worst offenses I've watched all year. No creativity, no misdirection, nothing. Drop back passing to 15 yd routes, that's it. Nothing underneath, no screens, no dump off RBs as a safety valve for Purdy when other teams bring the heat. It's just terrible to watch, sorry.

Who would you put out there for a screen or underneath route that's going to break open an effective play?

Who takes the misdirection? What strength of the offense leads to the misdirection?

Did Purdy hit Hall 4 times today?

Do you think ISU's Oline is good enough to be able to give time for these things to happen?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Who would you put out there for a screen or underneath route that's going to break open an effective play?

Who takes the misdirection? What strength of the offense leads to the misdirection?

Did Purdy hit Hall 4 times today?

Do you think ISU's Oline is good enough to be able to give time for these things to happen?

I guess you're right. We just suck so bad there's not much we can do to scheme around that fact. Just let defenses tee off on us and don't make them play honest because we're unable to do any misdirection or design a RB screen play.

You're right, we're just hopeless offensively. No talent or skilled players to run anything but vanilla plays. What was I thinking expecting anything else? My bad.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: CyDude16 and Rural

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I guess you're right. We just suck so bad there's not much we can do to scheme around that fact. Just let defenses tee off on us and don't make them play honest because we're unable to do any misdirection or design a RB screen play.

You're right, we're just hopeless offensively. No talent or skilled players to run anything but vanilla plays. What was I thinking expecting anything else? My bad.

I'll try again: who do you put out in a misdirection? And do you think ISU's line can be effective in running an RB screen?

Did you see Notre Dame doing a bunch of crazy things on offense today? From what I understand, one of their strengths was Book scrambling, but they didn't need to even go there.

Reactions: Doc

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
For next year, yes, he will be in the discussion because the off-season is all about looking at the stats.