Manning fired yet?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Thats not how it works. That being said I doubt Manning goes anywhere.

It's how Campbell works. He's not going to fire Manning. He's just not. Manning was not any good in years 1 and 2. And Manning was welcomed back this year.

I'm not saying he should not be fired. I'm saying Campbell won't do that. If you want Campbell to do that, you should want Campbell to get fired. That's the only way it happens.

I want Campbell to coach Iowa State, so that means I must accept Manning as part of the deal.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
He’s not getting fired. You want manning gone, you’ll have to fire Campbell.

That’s fine but you should at least admit that’s what you want.

At some point, Campbell is going to have to make a decision though or risk his own career. Manning isn't going anywhere next year though, overall stats this year were too good. There will come a time that we have to get over the hump though and push into the 10+ win season. It isn't going to happen unless Manning learns a lot in the off season.

Looking at the replays, it's amazing how pedestrian our rout designs are. We were running right into their coverages most of the time. And Manning's calls on 3rd and 4th and short, woof!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It's how Campbell works. He's not going to fire Manning. He's just not. Manning was not any good in years 1 and 2. And Manning was welcomed back this year.

I'm not saying he should not be fired. I'm saying Campbell won't do that. If you want Campbell to do that, you should want Campbell to get fired. That's the only way it happens.

I want Campbell to coach Iowa State, so that means I must accept Manning as part of the deal.

No its not, the 2 are not mutually exclusive. Lay off the sauce.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Wont be fired. Maybe moved to a different position coach. Bring in an oc or maybe give schaelhase(sp) a shot. Will change in house and hopefully n

Reactions: Cytown12

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wont be fired. Maybe moved to a different position coach. Bring in an oc or maybe give schaelhase(sp) a shot. Will change in house and hopefully n

Manning won't be fired OR moved to another position. Him and CMC are buddies.

We're stuck with this crappy scheme of an offense UNLESS CMC forces Manning to change it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Any OC is going to look bad with a marginal Oline and any OC can look amazing with a good OL. Also someone that's a threat over the top would help. Defenses really didn't have to respect ISU on the outside.

ISU did nothing today all that well and there wasn't anything to play off of.

The ****ing around when things are rolling for pointless plays has always been an issue though.