We Got Destroyed

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And that’s life. You get punched in the face and you fall down. You lose and figure out a way to make sense of the ashes. This team was so much better than most ISU teams, but it just didn’t quite have it together. Good players, good coaching, but not quite there.

OLine was hammered today. Add that to turnovers and you have a mess in your hands.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
And that’s life. You get punched in the face and you fall down. You lose and figure out a way to make sense of the ashes. This team was so much better than most ISU teams, but it just didn’t quite have it together. Good players, good coaching, but not quite there.

I can't recall any huge posts about dropped passes this year. I think we've got a GREAT crop of skill players coming up and coming in. Assailey was 15-19 or something (not quite "money" but....). But turnovers, untimely penalties, goofy coaching decisions, lack of Brock mobility (for whatever reason) and our gawdawful special teams....

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I get killed for saying that a sucky 7-6 season sure as hell beats a sucky 3-9 season, but there's some truth there. We've evolved to where this was a fairly disappointing season. That sucks. But it does mean we've made progress as a program.

And while I joke about firing Campbell with the people that go crazy in the game thread, we have to be realistic. If you think Campbell should be fired, you need to own it.

But if you think Campbell is the right guy for the job, then you also need to accept the good with the bad.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Well if we've learned ANYTHING at all after this year, it's that buttt-chugging vodka with underage teens is a bad idea usually...

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Spanky and SDClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Expectations for this team were probably a bit high, they were solid but just weren't as explosive as last year and the defense missed guys like Peavy, Payne and Harvey. There is a ton to build on for next season but they really need to figure out how to get Purdy comfortable,he has had bright spots this year but just didn't seem the same. This was kind of a let down end to a let down season but its nice to have a disappointing season that doesn't end in November.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I get killed for saying that a sucky 7-6 season sure as hell beats a sucky 3-9 season, but there's some truth there. We've evolved to where this was a fairly disappointing season. That sucks. But it does mean we've made progress as a program.

And while I joke about firing Campbell with the people that go crazy in the game thread, we have to be realistic. If you think Campbell should be fired, you need to own it.

But if you think Campbell is the right guy for the job, then you also need to accept the good with the bad.

CMC does bill this program as "developmental". That needs to happen in all phases coaching included.

Reactions: Doc

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
CMC does bill this program as "developmental". That needs to happen in all phases coaching included.

I think so too. But I think we have to realize that he's not perfect and he's not going to be perfect. It's silly to think he's going to fire Manning. It's just not ******* going to happen. Manning was bad in years 1-2 and he was welcomed back in year 4. I think Campbell is a very good coach and so therefore I accept Manning is going to be around. Do I love that? Not really. But such is life.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I can't recall any huge posts about dropped passes this year. I think we've got a GREAT crop of skill players coming up and coming in. Assailey was 15-19 or something (not quite "money" but....). But turnovers, untimely penalties, goofy coaching decisions, lack of Brock mobility (for whatever reason) and our gawdawful special teams....
Skill players mean squat without an OL.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I think so too. But I think we have to realize that he's not perfect and he's not going to be perfect. It's silly to think he's going to fire Manning. It's just not ******* going to happen. Manning was bad in years 1-2 and he was welcomed back in year 4. I think Campbell is a very good coach and so therefore I accept Manning is going to be around. Do I love that? Not really. But such is life.

I struggle between the gaudy stats and the win-loss record. With the stats it seems we're a few mental lapses away but I'm not smart enough to know.

Help Support Us

Become a patron