Festivus: Airing of Grievances

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Sometimes during this busy holiday season, I like to relax by walking slow laps in the mall with my entire family side by side. Occasionally we'll stop and point something out to one another, be it a funny sign, a silly hat or a just a light that catches our attention. This past weekend, my shoe lace felt a little loose, so I stopped and re-tied it, making sure my wife and daughter stayed right there with me (family time is important to us).

Don't worry. We aren't one of those insensitive families that walk aimlessly as we talk on our phones. We make sure to stop and finish our conversations before walking again. Besides, it would be especially dangerous seeing how we're all on crutches.

I might clip your ankles with my cart on "accident".

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
The Earth is literally on fire, facts don’t matter, and ISU can’t beat Iowa in anything anymore.

Happy 2019 Festivus

• Agree
Reactions: Trice

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I have a grievance with myself. I have a bad attitude and guilty of sarcastic comments.

My greivence is with people who don't like sarcasm and think it's mean. That and The Cave.

Oh and Fantasy Football. The damn game is pretty much random. We had a 5-way tie with a 10 team league. Two 6-7 teams were in the "Championship" game (i was the most unfortuente team that was 6-7 and out of playoffs). That and the last place team would have smoked anyone and won the championships.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
The Earth is literally on fire, facts don’t matter, and ISU can’t beat Iowa in anything anymore.

Happy 2019 Festivus

Reminds me of another grievence. People no longer understand the concept of a fact.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My neighbor usually puts up an elaborate Christmas show on in his yard, including a festivus pole. This year, he said he didn't have time to put all that stuff up...so the only thing he put up is a festivus pole.

My airing of grievances is over barking dogs. I have two separate neighbors who will leave for work, giant dogs outside barking ferociously damn near all day. When asked to keep it down, they both respond "our dogs don't bark". WTF?

Record those pups and play it back to them.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
I backed into the the playoffs with a 4-9 record and ended up taking 3rd place. LOL

A 4-9 record shouldn't be in the playoffs. Sorry to derail the thread, but I was in a league one year that had 10 teams and had an 8 team playoff. Play 13 weeks to eliminate 2 teams and then 4 teams get knocked out in the first week of the playoffs. And to make it worse, the 8th place team won it all. The only good thing was that it made it so clear how stupid that was that we went to a 4 team playoff.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21 and Doc

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When do we set up the Festivus pole?
View attachment 69363

already set up. Here is mine.
770e9b49-2fb0-4874-8944-7df931145f57_1.f37e989f76f2efde597a4e5aafe0ff68.jpeg

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They are real.

I'm in Iowa now...someone cut me off to get onto a ramp with no one around...pulled up behind them, and there was the IL plates.

In town I saw someone doing 35 in a 20 (35 at minimum) and was Illinois plates. Went a couple blocks further and someone blows through a stop sign, too fast to catch plates but didnt recognize in this town of less than 3000.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
People who drag politics into everything. We get it, Rs hate Ds and vice versa. Now shut up and leave it alone.

...and anybody who is sick of their BS is automatically on the other side.

No, not everybody buys into your holy war, either pro or anti.

• Agree
Reactions: brett108

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm curious what these transactions (what players) were that were thought to be tanking but turned into a championship?
The one I know that made the playoff difference was Kenyon Drake. That guy ended some great seasons in my league.