Who is going Camping!!!!

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Are we still waiting on mobile tickets to be seated? I still haven't received a notification of where I'll be sitting. What the hell could be taking so long

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Don't know if anyone is flying into Sarasota International for the game as there may be some issues getting your bags after seeing this accident..... This is like right out of a movie.

https://bit.ly/35HV7Co

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
So....what is the plan for everyone down in Orlando? We are staying near UCF so a little bit of a drive to the stadium. Anyone else near there?

Bars, restaurants or places Cyclones fans will be hanging out?

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
So....what is the plan for everyone down in Orlando? We are staying near UCF so a little bit of a drive to the stadium. Anyone else near there?

Bars, restaurants or places Cyclones fans will be hanging out?

20191209_120609.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Anybody else think this year's bowl enthusiasm is down? First bowl in Florida against a historic, ranked team. Seems so quiet, in fact I had to go to the football thread and go to the second page just to find this thread. Has anybody seen what kind of fan numbers we will see down there? I assumed with all of our snowbirds in Florida that we would have a great showing. Based on Ticketmasters seat map it would appear we have sold more tickets than ND, no surprise. The lower bowl would be full if the tickets in the uppers were moved to lower. I didn't find the capacity size of the lower-bowl, but the stadium seats 60,219. Maybe 40,000 sold tickets? Of that, 15,000-20,000 Cyclones?

I just got tickets for section 136 on Saturday and can't wait to go to my 8th bowl. I'm 3-5, I need this win... ;)

Reactions: NWICY and HappyJoe

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Yeah, I feel like there is some lesser enthusiasm. I don't know that Florida is necessarily a great location. Not an easy drive, no connection to the state and an area many see as for kids only.

I think there will be a lot of Cyclone fans there, not as many as last year but I'd guess 18,000 or so.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Anybody else think this year's bowl enthusiasm is down? First bowl in Florida against a historic, ranked team. Seems so quiet, in fact I had to go to the football thread and go to the second page just to find this thread. Has anybody seen what kind of fan numbers we will see down there? I assumed with all of our snowbirds in Florida that we would have a great showing. Based on Ticketmasters seat map it would appear we have sold more tickets than ND, no surprise. The lower bowl would be full if the tickets in the uppers were moved to lower. I didn't find the capacity size of the lower-bowl, but the stadium seats 60,219. Maybe 40,000 sold tickets? Of that, 15,000-20,000 Cyclones?

I just got tickets for section 136 on Saturday and can't wait to go to my 8th bowl. I'm 3-5, I need this win... ;)

Does feel a little different this year. Exciting times for the program, but the 7-5 record was below expectations and that K State game was really a dud. All things considered, 20,000 would be a very good showing. Can't wait for Saturday just to see how it goes. Hopefully the guys put on a good show. A win would really change the way this season is remembered.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Are we becoming what Pollard hoped we wouldn't?

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Are we becoming what Pollard hoped we wouldn't?

I don't think so. This fanbase is pretty energized about football. A win will really ramp up the anticipation for next year. A loss won't be the end of the world, but it does mean a 7-6 season which is a slight drop off from the last two (and a bit below what was expected). Progress is rarely a straight line so I don't place much stock in how this year played out. Hopefully we'll surprise a few people Saturday and it will carry over into next year.

Reactions: NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't think so. This fanbase is pretty energized about football. A win will really ramp up the anticipation for next year. A loss won't be the end of the world, but it does mean a 7-6 season which is a slight drop off from the last two (and a bit below what was expected). Progress is rarely a straight line so I don't place much stock in how this year played out. Hopefully we'll surprise a few people Saturday and it will carry over into next year.

I agree. It will be interesting to see what it is like in Orlando. Going to bowls is now part of our expectation. I think a good time in Orlando and a nice win over Notre Dame will pour a lot of fuel on the off-season football fire.

Reactions: norcalcy

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
...at 2pm. I lived in Cocoa Beach back in the sixties. We referred to it as the daily "afternoon deluge"...after which it got steamy hot for the rest of the afternoon.
When I was stationed in Orlando back in the late 80's, it would hit there between 4 and 5 p.m.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Does feel a little different this year. Exciting times for the program, but the 7-5 record was below expectations and that K State game was really a dud. All things considered, 20,000 would be a very good showing. Can't wait for Saturday just to see how it goes. Hopefully the guys put on a good show. A win would really change the way this season is remembered.

We lost by 1 point to a CFP finals team. We lost by 2 in the last 20 seconds to the #7 team. We lost by 1 to the #16 team where if we just catch a punt we have about an 80% chance we win. We lost by 7 to the #25 team when Brock had 1/3 of all his interceptions in just one "off" game. Yeah, 7 - 5 is kind of a downer but we were so incredibly close to an unbelievable season. Next year maybe we get the breaks like Baylor did this year.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and isufbcurt