B/R 2020 Preseason Top 25

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
I know, I know the season isn’t even over and we still have a bowl game to play in (not to mention preseason ranking are pointless), but it isn’t every day ISU gets love in these things. Once I scrolled past 20 I figured ISU wasn’t going to make an appearance, but merry Christmas early Cyclone Nation from B/R.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-2019-early-signing-period?share=other#slide9
I will believe it when I see it!! Too much hype for too long.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
giphy.webp

• Funny
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can see being between 20-25 but top 15? Yeah I don't see that.

I wonder just how much time they take to look into all these teams when putting out these stupid preseason rankings?

The OL will basically be completely revamped (which could be a good thing, but likely won't be early in the season)..... and losing guys like Lima and Jamahl Johnson on the interior of the DL will be a big loss.

Football is still won in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but these rankings generally seem to only look at the skill positions IMO.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think it is very possible to be there. Heck, I think we could have been a top 20 team this year. I feel like we didn't play to our potential this year. The team didn't seem to have that fire inside themselves like they did last year. The potential is there, just need to act on it.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I wonder just how much time they take to look into all these teams when putting out these stupid preseason rankings?

The OL will basically be completely revamped (which could be a good thing, but likely won't be early in the season)..... and losing guys like Lima and Jamahl Johnson on the interior of the DL will be a big loss.

Football is still won in the trenches on both sides of the ball, but these rankings generally seem to only look at the skill positions IMO.
They did mention getting Bailey back, so I felt like they may have done slight looking into the situation. Definitely more than most other rankings I’ve seen that just look at the school’s name.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know how they operate for their implementation of things but I'll hope the work on the details goes better in the spring and August....if so, I can see a top 20ish season which is fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I don't know how they operate for their implementation of things but I'll hope the work on the details goes better in the spring and August....if so, I can see a top 20ish season which is fun.
Definitely need to have it more together for ooc. No more slow starts and then figuring it out for October. If they can do that and having tech and Kansas early in the conference schedule will help with getting top 20 or maybe 15 hype, but they have to come into the season firing on all cylinders. I think they will with the returners they have and a solid RB from the get go.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I will believe it when I see it!! Too much hype for too long.

As per usual, too many questions on the offensive line to overdue the expectations. But, nonetheless, pass me a cup of that koolaid!

Last edited:

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
I know, I know the season isn’t even over and we still have a bowl game to play in (not to mention preseason ranking are pointless), but it isn’t every day ISU gets love in these things. Once I scrolled past 20 I figured ISU wasn’t going to make an appearance, but merry Christmas early Cyclone Nation from B/R.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-2019-early-signing-period?share=other#slide9
I've said it before and I will say it again, "there are a lot of people out there trying to love us. We just can't seem to reciprocate."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron