WBB: ISU vs UNI Panthers 5:00

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
BF was outcoached. Starters never getting a break. They were so winded in the middle of tge 4th. Never calls a timeout to help his team adjust to changed defense. Chews out Maggie in every timeout. Ashley gets double teamed all game and turns it over and over. Where are the adjustments? Kane never gets in the game. Ashley is amazing but she needs to kllearn how to pass out of double teams quickly.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I wish we played defense like UNI. Physical, and their trapping zone just killed us.
Karli Rucker was the best player on the floor - what a leader.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Aristotle said that, “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” In our case, that doesn't seem to be true. Considering the individual talent, I would expect tbe team to be better.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
We can bemoan losing to all three Iowa teams, but having seen all of them they are each pretty decent. None outstanding, but they all have more depth and better offensive players than ISU. Add to that an uncharacteristic night at the line and it’s a recipe for another ugly loss. UNI best is in every facet of the game including fouls. But when you have a ten player rotation those fouls wear the opponent down (see old Texas A&M film).

Tonight just happened to be a night when Joens was taken out of her game (and she battled hard!) and nothing else made up the difference.

D

Deleted member 8507

ISU went from 8:29 to 2:16 of 4th without scoring. From up 8 to down 8.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
BF was outcoached. Starters never getting a break. They were so winded in the middle of tge 4th. Never calls a timeout to help his team adjust to changed defense. Chews out Maggie in every timeout. Ashley gets double teamed all game and turns it over and over. Where are the adjustments? Kane never gets in the game. Ashley is amazing but she needs to kllearn how to pass out of double teams quickly.
Ha ha - yes.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I wish we played defense like UNI. Physical, and their trapping zone just killed us.

To play defense like that you need speed. We showed glimmers of it but couldn’t sustain it as they did.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Like most coaches, Fennelly looks best when he has a decent point guard. Right now, ISU does not have a point guard. At least not one that can see the court and create. Better hope the freshman points are ready to go from the start next year.

• Agree
Reactions: acoustimac
D

Deleted member 8507

As someone mentioned, if both teams shoot their season average on FT, the final is still a loss, but 70-67 and who knows how it plays out.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Like most coaches, Fennelly looks best when he has a decent point guard. Right now, ISU does not have a point guard. At least not one that can see the court and create. Better hope the freshman points are ready to go from the start next year.

I agree. Rae is making too many mistakes. Maggie has a bad tendency to drive into traffic with no plan. Makes one appreciate Middleton! This may be a year where we have to get used to ugly losses while we wait for (gasp) freshmen guards to rescue us. Yowza

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: ISU71 and ISC

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
To play defense like that you need speed. We showed glimmers of it but couldn’t sustain it as they did.
It's a philosophy - more than talent. I'm sure that not a single UNI player received an offer from a P6 school - yet here they were controlling the game in the 4th quarter. They don't worry about collecting fouls like we do - they just go out and attack.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
UNI used the WVU MBB game plan effectively -- dare the officials to call fouls, and if they don't, keep hacking and shoving away until they do.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
As many have said, this is unacceptable, but what does that mean? I have zero say in any matters relating to the program. The only thing I control is where and when I spend my disposable income. I might have to reevalulate my current choices, as I am NOT enjoying the product being offered by ISU WWB.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Look at that. Losing to a bunch of try-hard Iowa-born players. Maybe we should stop playing these in-state teams that consider this game their ultimate superbowl.

Actually in WBB I enjoy playing them, makes for competitive games that are fun to watch instead of blowouts over Cupcake U. But everyone has their own opinion.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron