Camping World Bowl seating location

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
There will probably be a ton of cyclones on that side too. I can't sit near opposing fans, bad things always happen.

I think you're spot on. Seems like there are a ton of seats available on that side that will probably be picked up by our fans. I and the other side of my family that I will be with are ND fans too so it won't be like sitting with hawks. Make no mistake I will be wearing cardinal and gold though

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The moral of the story is if you are not a longtime season ticket holder donating at least $500-$1k then don't bother buying through ISU becuase you won't be happy. Some of this will likely shake out at Jack Trice when they restructure the Cyclone club.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I got my tickets via email today. I got the worst seats i could imagine. since i went to buy them within a few minutes of when they went on sale I am ticked off! I plan to never buy throught ISU again, i though it would be nice to help the school in selling their allotment but when I get screwed I am not happy. i could have bought them through Ticketmaster and got better seats and known my seat assignment immediately. what a joke. Not Happy!

Was this your first time buying bowl tickets through the ISU Ticket Office?

This is how it works for bowls, Big 12 MBB, and NCAA tournament. We are Captains level donors and still don't get great seats, but I'm okay with it because I'm glad the Victory and Directors level donors are what funds a huge portion of our program.

For the record, I offered to buy extra at my cost in order to leverage what I could for folks like you. Only one person took me up on it. Ended up with Section 132.

We want seats that aren't distributed through the Cyclone Club, so we bought on the secondary market to get the seats we really wanted.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I did the same thing and was put in the second level of the end zone after selecting the $141 option. I asked for an explanation and got the canned blurb. Asked to be refunded and they told me they wouldn't do that. I called my credit card company and they're refuting the charge and told me if ISU didn't refund they were going to credit me the amount. I then bought tickets on the 30 yard line 20 rows up for $138/ticket on stubhub, but had to settle for the Notre Dame side.

There was plenty of advance notice about how the system works, probably earlier in this thread. Seems like you are reaping what you sowed. Did you really think that you would get seats with the big donors just by selecting the $141 option?

If you had cooled your jets for a few days, I'll bet some of the big donors who got the tickets will be posting extra ones for sale. There was a decent chance that you could have gotten similar seats on the ISU side for about that price next week.

Lots of experience and wisdom on this site that can help you if you want it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The moral of the story is if you are not a longtime season ticket holder donating at least $500-$1k then don't bother buying through ISU becuase you won't be happy. Some of this will likely shake out at Jack Trice when they restructure the Cyclone club.

I think the shake-out is more likely to be felt in Hilton when they do the re-indexing. I don't think there is very much "sitting above your donor level" at Jack Trice Stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I got my tickets via email today. I got the worst seats i could imagine. since i went to buy them within a few minutes of when they went on sale I am ticked off! I plan to never buy throught ISU again, i though it would be nice to help the school in selling their allotment but when I get screwed I am not happy. i could have bought them through Ticketmaster and got better seats and known my seat assignment immediately. what a joke. Not Happy!

Aww boohoo little baby... Maybe try donating at a higher priority level next time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My guess is that they needed some to satisfy the demand through the ISU Ticket Office, so they gave the first few rows to them, and then made some more available to the public.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FatNTired

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
My guess is that they needed some to satisfy the demand through the ISU Ticket Office, so they gave the first few rows to them, and then made some more available to the public.

Availability looks the same on the ND side as well and I don't believe they sold out of their allotment

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
There was plenty of advance notice about how the system works, probably earlier in this thread. Seems like you are reaping what you sowed. Did you really think that you would get seats with the big donors just by selecting the $141 option?

If you had cooled your jets for a few days, I'll bet some of the big donors who got the tickets will be posting extra ones for sale. There was a decent chance that you could have gotten similar seats on the ISU side for about that price next week.

Lots of experience and wisdom on this site that can help you if you want it.

I posted several times asking for advice as it was my first time doing a bowl trip. Never once was advised not to go through our ticket department. I had no idea what to expect as far as seating goes and how many big level donors would be going, but I definitely didnt expect to be bumped all the way to the second level of the endzone. Hopefully someone who hasnt gone, that is thinking of going in the future sees this and learns from my mistake.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I posted several times asking for advice as it was my first time doing a bowl trip. Never once was advised not to go through our ticket department. I had no idea what to expect as far as seating goes and how many big level donors would be going, but I definitely didnt expect to be bumped all the way to the second level of the endzone. Hopefully someone who hasnt gone, that is thinking of going in the future sees this and learns from my mistake.

If only there was a way to get in touch with the Athletic Department/ticket office and *gasp* ask them how the ticketing works. I know, it's a radical idea, but there has to be SOME way to get in touch with those selling the tickets...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Not sure how you missed it (and/or how we missed your questions). Sorry about that. Many of us have posted about not buying tickets through the Ticket Office unless you are a big donor for this exact reason.

We all have our first time. I learned at the Pinstripe Bowl. Our seats were so bad, we never actually sat in them. Just found some empty seats in Center Field with Yankees season ticket holders.

Hope you like the other seats you got. Taking over the visitor's section at a bowl game is another Cyclone Nation tradition that you are helping support.

cyclonefreak

Apr 26, 2013
Yes I have purchased tickets and bowl tickets before using the same site. No I’m not a big donor and I didn’t expect great tickets but to get the corner end zone was a big disappointment. They are located in the absolutely worst spot in the stadium. I guess I’ll just stop buying through the university.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I did the same thing and was put in the second level of the end zone after selecting the $141 option. I asked for an explanation and got the canned blurb. Asked to be refunded and they told me they wouldn't do that. I called my credit card company and they're refuting the charge and told me if ISU didn't refund they were going to credit me the amount. I then bought tickets on the 30 yard line 20 rows up for $138/ticket on stubhub, but had to settle for the Notre Dame side.

Doubt you win this one. Athletic Department and CF explained how seats are assigned and you made the choice to purchase

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I would jump on those front row seats in the upper deck. Pretty good view up there. Might have to walk a ways to get a blue yummy but worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

cyclonefreak

Apr 26, 2013
I would jump on those front row seats in the upper deck. Pretty good view up there. Might have to walk a ways to get a blue yummy but worth it.
I took your advice. I just bought 2 upper deck tickets near the 50 yard line for 25 bucks a piece. now I have options. I'm surprised they are selling them at that price.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Yes I have purchased tickets and bowl tickets before using the same site. No I’m not a big donor and I didn’t expect great tickets but to get the corner end zone was a big disappointment. They are located in the absolutely worst spot in the stadium. I guess I’ll just stop buying through the university.

It is a double edge sword. JP asks that we buy through ISU to sell out our allocation quickly. Him being able to point to strong ticket sales IS ONE REASON WE GET PICKED ABOVE OTHER BIG 12 SCHOOLS.

But I agree that the allocated seats for the schools (both) are usually not the best. Same as Big 12 basketball tournament. There is a lot of corporate money involved and they get the best seats. Simple fact of life.

No idea why anyone thinking that sitting on the ND side just to get a better view is going to make for a better experience.

Question for anyone that got P level seats. Are there any perks associated with that seating level?

• Agree
Reactions: Psyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron