The magic is gone

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You are seriously comparing us to Kentucky and Duke? You realize on top of being great home court advantages, they have some of the best talent in the country. Don't like the comparison.

you’re assuming they are making attempts to argue in any sort of good faith.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I miss the unicycle guy from the early 80s... Benson Buick or something? Maybe it was Pinkley Taurus?

Benson Buick also in the 80's sponsored Ed Gangier and his gymnasts at halftime on some apparatus....Now that my friends was halftime entertainment worth watching...."and now the halftime show brought to you by BENSON BUICK!!"...Ed Gangier would bellow....great fun btw....

Reactions: 80sClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I mean, I followed up explaining my point after the Duke and Kentucky tangent was brought up by someone completely different, but as established you either cant read or you choose not so.... yeah.
It's cat - cokane in a different thread

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
If you think Hilton Magic was just people showing up to a game you’re so wrong. Hilton Magic was being favored in nearly every home game. Hilton Magic was knowing you could beat anyone. Hilton Magic was losing 1 or 2 home games a year and even being disappointed in that.

You weren’t around for the vast majority of Hilton magic.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I do think this is some of it. That’s exactly what he did at Murray State. I’ve always been more critical because I wasn’t at all impressed with him there. He had 2 NBA point guards and made the NCAA tournament once.

I think that’s what we sometimes see now. It’s Halliburton whose supposed to just out talent our opponents. It just doesn’t work.

Wow this is dumb.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
When Johnny Orr first came to ISU he knew his teams wouldn't be very good at first. He decided he had to play an entertaining brand of basketball because fans wouldn't come to see losses if the games were painful to watch.

Unfortunately, we are getting to painful games to watch, and it may just be that the current team isn't very good.

That has never been a good combination. It is Prohm's job to figure it out. He needs to keep giving fans a reason to come back. ISU has some fan good will built up but it is a fragile thing. Just look at how few fans now come to Oklahoma State games.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When Johnny Orr first came to ISU he knew his teams wouldn't be very good at first. He decided he had to play an entertaining brand of basketball because fans wouldn't come to see losses if the games were painful to watch.

Unfortunately, we are getting to painful games to watch, and it may just be that the current team isn't very good.

That has never been a good combination. It is Prohm's job to figure it out. He needs to keep giving fans a reason to come back. ISU has some fan good will built up but it is a fragile thing. Just look at how few fans now come to Oklahoma State games.

From OSU fans:
Blah blah blah, something about the the Thunder, blah blah blah.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

one thing that CSP does that hurts momentum at Hilton is call a freaking time out after a made basket. arrrghh!!!!!!! Don't do that.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
No. No you really don’t.
Cat my friend, I have a question for you ...Did you sit inside Hilton when Maury John, Ken Trickey or Lynn Nance coached prior to Hilton Magic? Just wondering, I was there prior to the Johnny Orr era...btw I knew before Johnny got here that he was coming, because my good friend Nick told me and I didnt believe him....Wrong as usual...take care my friend

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron