GAME THREAD: Iowa State (6-2) vs. Wright State (5-3)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
gee...and I remember people saying our NC schedule was another weak patsy thing when it was released.

Compared to UNI's ours is still rather pedestrian even if not as cupcake filled as the norm. We will be UNI's 5th P5 team this season. Our only P5's in NC were not by choice, Iowa and SEC/Big 12 Challenge. We do have a decent slate of mid-majors with Drake, UNI and Wright with Wright State being one many won't recognize as much as Green Bay from the same league. BTW, Purdue that UNI played is also Horizon and WNIT last year.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
And UNI has to schedule that way to pay the bills. They will end up playing five P5 schools with two of those being state schools and two from a tournament. They NEED those games to look good to the NCAA committee. Drake is exactly the same.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Our defense is not good. We are slow afoot compared to other teams. Made an observation v Iowa that Rae dribbles very high. Wright State obviously noticed this and has picked her pocket several times. Too much standing again on offense. WE MISS MADISON on defense. Any time a team shoots nearly 50% against you your defense isn’t doing much.
I can't believe somebody disagreed with the above statements. Did that person actually watch the game ???

• Dislike
Reactions: ISU71

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Here is a stat you won't see very often. 6 personal fouls on a player (J Roberson). I believe she fouled out and then received a Tech foul which counts toward your foul count, hence 6 fouls.

View attachment 69243
Yeah, I noticed this. Can anyone fill us in on what she did? Did she flip out or just say something she shouldn't have to the official?

Details, people, details!

;)

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
She reacted very strongly after being whistled for a foul. This after repeated warnings from the officials to the coach and the whole team. After the "T" was whistled, the officials were huddling and the coach continued to complain - after which one official looked at her and screamed: "Coach - we're DONE!!!", several times, along with the proverbial "talk to the hand" signal. Several minutes prior to this, CBF had inquired how many warnings they might get.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
She reacted very strongly after being whistled for a foul. This after repeated warnings from the officials to the coach and the whole team. After the "T" was whistled, the officials were huddling and the coach continued to complain - after which one official looked at her and screamed: "Coach - we're DONE!!!", several times, along with the proverbial "talk to the hand" signal. Several minutes prior to this, CBF had inquired how many warnings they might get.
Did she foul out guarding Joens?

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Good game! Joens was on fire for sure. My first game in Hilton since 2000 and first women's game at Hilton since 1995! One of the reasons I moved back to Iowa this year.

UNI next Sunday will be a good one to go to. They blew out Iowa. Will be a challenge for Iowa State

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron