Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Got four youngest niece's and nephews' gifts today and did really well for the budget. #Winning

Now, to search for the youngest BIL. He'll be slightly difficult. Everybody else I know what I need to get.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My sister had to go to her boyfriend's grandparents house for Thanksgiving because our family isn't as important as theirs. His grandma actually apologized to my mom a week prior for my sister not being able to be there.

This is how Thanksgiving works there: His grandma makes all the food, including like 10 pies. You can't bring your own dish because that would be telling her that her's isn't good enough. Everyone sits down at the table, you pass each item around until everyone has filled their plate, then you start eating. Then after dinner, everyone gathers in another room, sits and talks about the weather and looks at the black Friday ads for 2-3 hours, no TV, maybe some board games. Then finally dessert.

Christmas there is also something else.

Yikes. I understand families all have their own traditions, but that just sounds more like prison than a family holiday together. :eek:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The talk about holiday traditions got me to thinking.....the vixen's family is so cool. They love to get together - at the drop of a hat, for whatever reason - and just enjoy good food and beer and lots of conversation. I feel very fortunate that they adopted me seamlessly into their family and treat me like one of their own.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My sister told me a story about how a kid at Grinnell was asking a question in class or something, and used the the word 'straightforward', and it caused everyone to freak out.
PoshJitteryKitfox-size_restricted.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
@VeloClone - Were we at the same fundraiser dinner at a church last night?

I know your daughter participates in the activity and somebody was wearing an Iowa State sweatshirt so I'm going with the fact that it was you.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Yikes. I understand families all have their own traditions, but that just sounds more like prison than a family holiday together. :eek:
At Christmas, everyone opens their gifts one at a time and has to show everyone what it is. There's like 16 people too so gift opening takes like 3 hours.

Ours is everyone's gifts are handed out, and then paper flies for a few minutes and we're done.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
At Christmas, everyone opens their gifts one at a time and has to show everyone what it is. There's like 16 people too so gift opening takes like 3 hours.

Ours is everyone's gifts are handed out, and then paper flies for a few minutes and we're done.

Gf's family used to do it this way. And we still had my family's Christmas afterwards. Didnt work.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went to the courthouse to renew moms car license. They asked me the plate number, I said no clue. Then she seriously asked me if I knew her name. I told her moms name. Then she asked if she was still at such and such address, I said the car is.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.