Is there going to be a game watch in Minneapolis?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I have a family Christmas in the Minneapolis area on the 28th that does not start until mid-afternoon. I am too far away to watch the game and get there, and don't feel like I can show up 4.5 hours early to watch the game at the in-laws. Just looking for options. Probably just end up going to a sports bar, but thought I would ask.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You bet your ass there is. There definitely will be one at Darby’s downtown (about a block or two from the Twins stadium.)

Likely will be a couple of others, but Darby’s is the official spot so we know there will be one there for sure.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You bet your ass there is. There definitely will be one at Darby’s downtown (about a block or two from the Twins stadium.)

Likely will be a couple of others, but Darby’s is the official spot so we know there will be one there for sure.

Thanks, not sure what the rest of my family will do, but that sounds good.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Follow these guys on Twitter to get the latest information. Here is the tweet with the locations for the Cy-Hawk football game watches.

Darby's is always the main location. It's just a few blocks from the Target Field stop on the light rail system. So if you don't want to hassle with parking and traffic, that is a plus.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have a family Christmas in the Minneapolis area on the 28th that does not start until mid-afternoon. I am too far away to watch the game and get there, and don't feel like I can show up 4.5 hours early to watch the game at the in-laws. Just looking for options. Probably just end up going to a sports bar, but thought I would ask.

Here's the latest as posted by local alumni club:

Darby's Downtown: $3 PBR Tall Boys, $4 Golden Light taps. Half-Time Giveaway Dinner for 4 at Surly.

Park Tavern - 11th Frame: $3 beer pints and $10 pitchers. Half-Time Giveaway: $100 Gift Card to Park Tavern

Uptown Tavern & Rooftop: $3.00 Domestic Tap, $4.00 Dorothy's

Fitz's Bar & Grill: The gamewatch will be in the banquet room downstairs. There will be a dedicated server and a huge TV. Specials to be determined the morning of the game. There will also be bingo and a meat raffle upstairs. $50 Gift Card Give-Away at Half Time The game can be seen at Senser's in Bloomington and Roseville, but sound is not promised.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Darby's Downtown: $3 PBR Tall Boys, $4 Golden Light taps. Half-Time Giveaway Dinner for 4 at Surly.

Park Tavern - 11th Frame: $3 beer pints and $10 pitchers. Half-Time Giveaway: $100 Gift Card to Park Tavern

Fitz's Bar & Grill: The gamewatch will be in the banquet room downstairs. There will be a dedicated server and a huge TV. Specials to be determined the morning of the game. There will also be bingo and a meat raffle upstairs. $50 Gift Card Give-Away at Half Time The game can be seen at Senser's in Bloomington and Roseville, but sound is not promised.

Thanks! Are there any of those close to Woodbury? That is where I have to end up eventually.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Boxster always has the latest poop on Twin Cities Cyclone activities.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks! Are there any of those close to Woodbury? That is where I have to end up eventually.

Nothing super close, you're outside the beltway out there. Fitz's Bar & Grill in Eagan is probably the closest but will likely to have the smallest gathering if I were to guess.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Follow these guys on Twitter to get the latest information. Here is the tweet with the locations for the Cy-Hawk football game watches.

Darby's is always the main location. It's just a few blocks from the Target Field stop on the light rail system. So if you don't want to hassle with parking and traffic, that is a plus.

Definitely follow those guys on twitter!

Reactions: BoxsterCy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Nothing super close, you're outside the beltway out there. Fitz's Bar & Grill in Eagan is probably the closest but will likely to have the smallest gathering if I were to guess.

Okay, thanks, still debating on getting sick and recovering at a local pub.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Honestly, Darby’s is probably the best place if you’re looking for best atmosphere with a ton of Cyclones. Uptown would probably be second.

Okay, talked my wife into getting up early and watching at Darby's. We will be driving up from the Cedar Rapids area, so what is the parking situation around there?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Thanks, not sure what the rest of my family will do, but that sounds good.

Game watches by the Cyclone Club are family friendly events. Not saying there might not be some swearing but kids aren't uncommon. 2yrs ago when Iowa ISU was in I.C. we pretty much drank Darby's out of beer. I believe they been stocking more since then. Food is good also try the bacon tator tot things they are good.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Game watches by the Cyclone Club are family friendly events. Not saying there might not be some swearing but kids aren't uncommon. 2yrs ago when Iowa ISU was in I.C. we pretty much drank Darby's out of beer. I believe they been stocking more since then. Food is good also try the bacon tator tot things they are good.

Yeah, kids are always welcome. Not uncommon for most game watches to have a handful of little ones there.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Thanks, good to know. My kids are 25 and 16, and really just want to stay home, so we are going to let them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah, kids are always welcome. Not uncommon for most game watches to have a handful of little ones there.

Can confirm. New mom at next table was not even mad at me last year when I leaped out of my chair after a TD and scared her baby. Cyclone mom and Cyclone baby so it was okay although I was embarrassed just a little.

• Funny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron