Poll: 2019 Big XII Bowl Predictions

Wuich Big XII teams will win their bowl game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Here is the Big XIIs 2019 bowl schedule:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/group/4/year/2019/seasontype/3/week/1

Believe it or not, the oddsmaker have the Big XII going 0-6 in the 2019 bowl season. Do you buy that?

How do you see this playing out?

OU is the biggest underdog, but are they this bowl seasons David Vs Goliath story? Or does that go to the ISU fanbase versus the national tradition of Notre Dame?

Note; The poll is public, and closes prior to the first game, OSU vs ATM on Friday, Dec 27.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'd say the order for most likely to win would be:

60% K-State over Navy as long as the squids' QB doesn't pull a Julen Hurts
55% Baylor over UGA because the Bears are still undervalued and will be carrying a chip
50% oSu over aTm but only if Hubbard plays
45% ISU over ND but Cy will have to stop the run game first
40% OU over LSU but I haven't seen the Tigers play so maybe even that's just hope and prayer
35% Texas over Utah because Utes will be ticked.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'd say the order for most likely to win would be:

60% K-State over Navy as long as the squids' QB doesn't pull a Julen Hurts
55% Baylor over UGA because the Bears are still undervalued and will be carrying a chip
50% oSu over aTm but only if Hubbard plays
45% ISU over ND but Cy will have to stop the run game first
40% OU over LSU but I haven't seen the Tigers play so maybe even that's just hope and prayer
35% Texas over Utah because Utes will be ticked.

May not be much worse, but I don't like the chances of Cy being on the field to try to stop ND's run game.

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd say this years Baylor is better than last years UT and UGA, so I think Baylor can win.
I would say the other ones would maybe be Kstate and OSU.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think the Big 12 will surprise some folks, but they still probably only go 3-3.

I will say ISU, KSU, and OSU are all winners, but BU, OU, and UT are respectable in losses.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LarryISU

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Are we selling OU a little short here? OU gets the rare underdog role. And for Jalen Hurts, its a chance for the guy who shoulds won the Heisman to get a shot at the guy that won the Heisman. That's two chips on the shoulder.
Also, this bowl season will be a coming out party for Big XII defenses. Maybe OU's defense is not epic, but they have stepped up late in games. And, maybe more importantly, the OU offense has survived .a gauntlet of defensive game planning. They've had to fight for every inch this year, whereas LSU might not know what to do if they find themselves in a football game by mid-4Q.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Here is the Big XIIs 2019 bowl schedule:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/group/4/year/2019/seasontype/3/week/1

Believe it or not, the oddsmaker have the Big XII going 0-6 in the 2019 bowl season. Do you buy that?

How do you see this playing out?

OU is the biggest underdog, but are they this bowl seasons David Vs Goliath story? Or does that go to the ISU fanbase versus the national tradition of Notre Dame?

Note; The poll is public, and closes prior to the first game, OSU vs ATM on Friday, Dec 27.

I could easily see it happen. Big 12 has a tough pairing. My only pick was OSU.IF Chuba stays. Otherwise every team should be an underdog.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I like KSU against Navy. I think Texas and Oklahoma have almost no chance. The rest I see as toss-ups.
The Alamo is the kind of game that Texas can weirdly show up ready to play.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I picked KSU, BU and Texas.

If anyone can stop a team that does nothing but run the ball, it is KSU. Look what they did to us when we had no choice but to try and run the ball in Manhattan. Plus, all of the trap blocks and misdirection plays are easier to prepare for when you have 3 weeks to get ready. Talent wins out over scheme in this one.

I chose Baylor because I think Georgia is slightly overrated and Baylor is slightly underrated. Baylor stole Heacock's 3-3-5 and ran it even better that we did. I haven't been that impressed with Jake Fromm this year. I think Baylor can slow them down just enough to win.

Texas has the talent to beat anybody. We'll find out if Utah is for real or not but I just haven't been all that impressed with anyone in the PAC 12 this year.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Some chatter that Charlie Brewer won't be playing in the Sugar. That would doom the Bears.

So the Baylor coaches (and medics) put him back in a game when he won't even be ready to play a month later? Baylor is Baylor is Baylor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron