Christmas Present - ISU Men’s Basketball

ISUENGR

May 15, 2010
Ames, IA
Love the guys that make up this team, but would love to see Jacobsen move back to the five spot. That’s my Christmas wish this year.

• Agree
Reactions: jay moe

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
My wish is for ISU fans to learn to spell Jacobson before he finishes medical school.

And a also to shoot 35% from 3 in the Big 12.

And maybe for Conditt to start spelling his name "Georges".

Reactions: cyclones500

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Love the guys that make up this team, but would love to see Jacobsen move back to the five spot. That’s my Christmas wish this year.

MJ didn't transfer to ISU to play the 5. He played it last year because he knew he had to out of necessity, but this year, playing the 4, is why he transferred. He was going to be stuck at the 5 at NU and didn't want that.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
My wishes:
Start Conditt at center
Move Jacobson to a high post
Increase bench rotation to ensure movement on the floor

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
My wishes:
Start Conditt at center
Move Jacobson to a high post
Increase bench rotation to ensure movement on the floor
Please to God no. At the beginning of the year I would have liked this idea because I thought Jacobson was going to shoot pretty efficiently from 3. There is a reason Miles played him at the 5. That is where he needs to be. I want to see Prohm either move to 4 guard lineup or play his two posts down low similar to Fred in his first year here.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Please to God no. At the beginning of the year I would have liked this idea because I thought Jacobson was going to shoot pretty efficiently from 3. There is a reason Miles played him at the 5. That is where he needs to be. I want to see Prohm either move to 4 guard lineup or play his two posts down low similar to Fred in his first year here.

I didn't say from the 3, but nearer to the free throw line. A double post would be fine too, but it does further clog the middle.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I didn't say from the 3, but nearer to the free throw line. A double post would be fine too, but it does further clog the middle.
I'd rather Solomon be the high post if we went that route. Better looking shot and he is also less aggressive in the post. For his size he avoids a lot of contact when he's playing offense.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I'd rather Solomon be the high post if we went that route. Better looking shot and he is also less aggressive in the post. For his size he avoids a lot of contact when he's playing offense.

You give up a lot of rebounding going with SolYo

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
You give up a lot of rebounding going with SolYo
Solomon is averaging 3.8 rebounds a game. Jacobson is averaging 7.3. Jacobson has 13 more offensive rebounds than Young. That could be due to long misses from our poor 3 point shooting, but Jacobson is a much more aggressive player. So I think he is a better fit for that 5. Very interested to see how we play next year. If Foster can come in and be a 7 foot stretch 4, Prohm might have a chance to have a good team. That is, if Prohm can learn some X's and O's.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Solomon is averaging 3.8 rebounds a game. Jacobson is averaging 7.3. Jacobson has 13 more offensive rebounds than Young. That could be due to long misses from our poor 3 point shooting, but Jacobson is a much more aggressive player. So I think he is a better fit for that 5. Very interested to see how we play next year. If Foster can come in and be a 7 foot stretch 4, Prohm might have a chance to have a good team. That is, if Prohm can learn some X's and O's.

This year does feel like a bit of a test run for next year's playing style. If we find something that works this year, next year's team will benefit.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
If we’re going to play a four guard offense we need bigger, more physical guards.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron