Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Barta. Biggest reasons are the current health of IOWA programs (I haven’t even mentioned baseball which is performing very well or field hockey which won the B1G) and the fact that Pollard lost Cael and Fred.

Lol oh my God

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not really the same thing since all kids are leaving at some point within a 5 year period but I will play along.

Depends. Did the kid get good advice? Did he graduate? Was he ready? If Ferentz gave a kid advice to go and he does not get drafted, he absolutely should carry some blame. If he tells a kid who could have prospered but was convinced otherwise by Ferentz and the kid gets hurt, I hold Ferentz partially accountable.

Got to ask similar questions with Fred because Izzo has been offered professional-level jobs and stays. Could Pollard have done more? Did Pollard offer him a career path? Did Fred just want more money? Could Pollard have reached out to one of these huge donors who he clearly is kicking ass with and asked them for some loot?

I would say in both instances, coaches and AD’s demonstrate some level of impact on these types of situations. If they have no impact, that is probably a bigger problem.
Yep you know zero about Fred. It was a dream to coach in the NBA.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Barta TWICE sent out press releases trying to damage ISU's national reputation without even bothering to gather ANY facts whatsoever about the incidents first.

He's way in over his head as a college AD. Just look at the way he handles things like the lawsuits against him, extending Fran in the middle of the night and not telling anyone, or throwing out press releases without gathering any info at all.

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cool. Tell me more about Cael as well.
If you were offered twice your salary in the same field of employment you wouldnt take it?
I dont blame Cael or Jamie in that instance at all. Wrestling doesnt turn a profit, no sense in going that far in the hole.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkInCO

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Enjoy playing a Pac 12 team before we play Notre Dame
49ca7223bde9f468f7b9f09215bb9a42.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If you were offered twice your salary in the same field of employment you wouldnt take it?
I dont blame Cael or Jamie in that instance at all. Wrestling doesnt turn a profit, no sense in going that far in the hole.

If someone on the outside determined my value to be double that of the place I grew up and wanted to stay at, I would be very sad. I would question why someone from the outside would value me so much more greatly than those I am currently at do.

I think if you asked Pollard, and it was off the record, I'd bet he would tell you if he had to do it again, he would have paid Cael and Fred whatever it took to keep them. Good thing for ISU that it seems he has learned his lesson and he isn't going to lose Campbell over money. If I were an ISU fan I would still hold those to losses against Pollard to this day.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If someone on the outside determined my value to be double that of the place I grew up and wanted to stay at, I would be very sad. I would question why someone from the outside would value me so much more greatly than those I am currently at do.

I think if you asked Pollard, and it was off the record, I'd bet he would tell you if he had to do it again, he would have paid Cael and Fred whatever it took to keep them. Good thing for ISU that it seems he has learned his lesson and he isn't going to lose Campbell over money. If I were an ISU fan I would still hold those to losses against Pollard to this day.
You have to be able to balance the books. Pollard is an accountant. ISU doesnt have the income that Penn State does.

I dont get what it is about Iowa fans not getting that Fred wanted and still most likely wants to coach in the NBA. Hes on record saying he hated recruiting and it's his dream.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Shows how much not being in a conference hurts ND. Fall all the way down to the lowly Camping World Bowl.
Notre Dame prints money with their current setup. If they want to be in a higher caliber bowl game the cost of leaving a TV network deal would be shocking.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Iowa did want it more than us, I agree, however, they are also the better team too this year IMO. ISU outside of Haliburton just really doesn't have anything that scares you at all. Iowa at least has some guys that can shoot the 3, and they have Garza down low which ISU has no match for at all.

So yes, Iowa wanted it more, but they are better than us too.... and it's not really that close IMO. If we go on to have a better season this year than they do, I'll be shocked. In past years I fully expected us to have a better overall year than Iowa no matter how this game turned out, but I don't feel that way this year at all. We just aren't that good.

Oh, and as much as I can't stand Fran, Iowa outcoached us really bad tonight too.

How happy are you right now?

I’m glad we could play terrible so at least you’ve had a good end of your week.

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
Playing the #7 team in the country (PFF) in a bowl game is a huge deal

Believing that Notre Dame is #7 in the nation is an even bigger deal for me. Wow. Are you a rational person? Don’t get me wrong, like USC they are a ranked and storied program, but using a single data source like that to try and puff this up is a touch ridiculous.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You have to be able to balance the books. Pollard is an accountant. ISU doesnt have the income that Penn State does.

I dont get what it is about Iowa fans not getting that Fred wanted and still most likely wants to coach in the NBA. Hes on record saying he hated recruiting and it's his dream.

Pollard must not be a very good accountant if he couldn't find the $15,000-$25,000 to keep Cael. It isn't like he was gonna have to fork over 5 million to keep him.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone