All Things Notre Dame

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
sorry to offend the CF diehards, but has there ever been a bowl game with a bigger spread between the traditional strength of two football programs?

We're could potentially set a record for consecutive 8 win seasons playing our first ever bowl game in Florida against a team known for national championships, heisman trophies, NFL draft picks, etc.

Gotta love the bowl season....
I'll take what is Oklahoma University vs. Boise State University in the 2007 Fiesta bowl for $1,000 Alex.

And we know who won that game...

• Winner
Reactions: Blandboy

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Ever time someone posts Quasimodo in this thread I think of that old ESPN commercial with Mike Golic at Walt Disney World where he meets the Quasimodo Disney character and he says something like "Notre Dame? I'm a golden domer myself." and starts singing the fight song or something. I couldn't find it in the interwebz though.

You can still find the Tony Siragusa man diaper commercials on the Wide Wide World of Webs though.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
This ND Youtuber is actually pretty good. Previous video was talking reaction to Camping World Bowl. He is pretty level headed and said ISU is better than record. He'll be previewing the game in an upcoming video. This one below he is calling out ND fans that are melting down. Pretty good.

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
Has to be more to the story

The Cliffs Notes version:

Brian Kelly hired Jeff Quinn as ND’s OL coach a couple of seasons ago over Long’s objections because Quinn is Kelly’s buddy.

Long was frustrated with the OL’s performance this year because Jeff Quinn sucks and wanted, or possibly demanded a new OL coach. Kelly values his buddy Quinn more than he values having a good OL coach, so Long is out.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Well, depends on which synod you are in, in the Lutheran church. But yes all I could think of is the Vikings but I think that is Decorah Highs mascot. LOL, and I know a lot of people that have went there, been to the campus, several times. And live fairly close. But then again many of these small colleges in Iowa have some religious affiliation.

ELCA. Are the smaller synods not as big about extending the olive branch? What a shame.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
ELCA. Are the smaller synods not as big about extending the olive branch? What a shame.
I left the Missouri synod many years ago, all I can say at that time there wasnt much of an olive branch, I don't even think there is much of an olive branch between the synods either. Missouri Synod is pretty Set in their ways. ELCA is much more accepting.