Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
baby-yoda-old-yoda-1574103229.jpg
This thread is a perfect example with all that’s wrong with the hok fan base. They are uneducated, petty, and obsessed with us. Thread after thread shows how pathetic this group of fans are. Get a life guys and enjoy your trashy program.
drips with irony this post does

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
This thread is a perfect example with all that’s wrong with the hok fan base. They are uneducated, petty, and obsessed with us. Thread after thread shows how pathetic this group of fans are. Get a life guys and enjoy your trashy program.
Luke is that you?

P

PeacefulRival

I obviously don't have the depth of knowledge on the cyclone basketball team the rest of you have, but at least I know to start by watching bolton and Conditt.

Does Bolton play more point or shooting guard? I don't recall much about him when he was at PSU last year. Just because he was on a big 10 roster, doesn't his is a P5 talent. What are your initial perceptions of his strengths and weaknesses so far? What does he need to do for ISU to be successful?

• Funny
Reactions: ISC and Rural

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I obviously don't have the depth of knowledge on the cyclone basketball team the rest of you have, but at least I know to start by watching bolton and Conditt.

Does Bolton play more point or shooting guard? I don't recall much about him when he was at PSU last year. Just because he was on a big 10 roster, doesn't his is a P5 talent. What are your initial perceptions of his strengths and weaknesses so far? What does he need to do for ISU to be successful?
Bolton is a very talented guard, quick and good “handle”. When Halliburton goes pro he’ll be a really good replacement at pg. unfortunately he’s playing the 2 this year and can’t hit from 3.

P

PeacefulRival

Who does ISU move to the 2 when Haliburton leaves? Assuming Conditt is a stretch 4...? Young expected to be shot blocker and rebounder?

• Useful
Reactions: jsb
P

PeacefulRival

Bolton is a very talented guard, quick and good “handle”. When Halliburton goes pro he’ll be a really good replacement at pg. unfortunately he’s playing the 2 this year and can’t hit from 3.

Do any cyclone die hards take issue or disagree with Dexterhawk? Seems like an objective assessment...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Who does ISU move to the 2 when Haliburton leaves? Assuming Conditt is a stretch 4...? Young expected to be shot blocker and rebounder?
Hopefully one of Grill and Jackson are consistent enough to start next year. They've both showed flashes, but struggle with consistency (not surprising since they're both true freshmen)

P

PeacefulRival

I'm not suggesting it is going to be a lost season for the cyclones, but who would you project as starting 5 next year?

1 - Bolton
2 - Grill or Jackson
3 -
4 - Conditt/Foster
5 - Young

This is not my speculation. Just a starting point for my own clarification.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Way too early to say that. Yeah getting beat by double digits at home to an NIT caliber team is concerning but you have to look at the circumstances

I love your guarantee track record. Didn't you guarantee Iowa wouldn't win in Hilton?

I'd be interested in seeing a stat of showing how many minutes Iowa has lead in games in Hilton the last 5 trips. They've probably lead for 190 of 200 minutes, and come away with 1 win.

I still ******* hate Fran.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: breck53 and CyBobby

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm not suggesting it is going to be a lost season for the cyclones, but who would you project as starting 5 next year?

1 - Bolton
2 - Grill or Jackson
3 -
4 - Conditt/Foster
5 - Young

This is not my speculation. Just a starting point for my own clarification.

Johnson and probably a grad transfer guard

• Funny
Reactions: HawkFan1

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
The mid major/P5 argument is stupid. ISU is a P5 team. 99% of teams aren’t loaded with 4-5stars at all positions like Duke or Kentucky, including the vast majority of P5 teams

Last edited: