WBB Iowa State - Iowa 12/11/2019

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
As to Doyle and her actions Stacey Dale commented that she is a big time trash talker.If you win you can get away with that but if you lose you look like a bigger loser. Last night she made plays when needed and as Bill said in the post game last night the team that won played better.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
First time posting. First off my heart goes out to Coach Fennelly and my condolences to him and his family. I watched the game on FS1 and listened to the post game interview this morning. I feel honored to have a Coach like Coach Fennelly leading our program, for 25 years none the less. So gracious in defeat on such a difficult day.
The game was physical and rough which unfortunately hurts the Cyclones. Joens and Nez were good. Joens was all over the court, like the previous couple of years the Cyclones had the best player on the court. The guard play was not good this game, outclassed by the Iowa guards who were quicker, more aggressive, tougher with the ball and much better defenders. Scott and the bench definitely not their night.
I hate that they've beat us now 4 games in a row but they were better last night. You learn more from your losses right? So on to the next game. Go Cyclones!

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Re-watched the game last nite on DVR. We are not that far away from being a solid team that will surprise some people. I saw better movement than some think. The players played hard. We need Madison back badly. Big time defensive stopper that will take 6-8 away from the opponent and add 6-8 on our side. O- rebounder, too. Smart player.

If Kristen is fully healthy, has her normal game and Madison is playing we win by 8- 10. Rae is tough and smart. But, its hard for her to play 8 minutes a quarter. Having Madison back resolves that.

We are going to be just fine. Gonna take awhile. But, we are gonna be just fine.

JMO

TXHawk

Sep 19, 2011
Re-watched the game last nite on DVR. We are not that far away from being a solid team that will surprise some people. I saw better movement than some think. The players played hard. We need Madison back badly. Big time defensive stopper that will take 6-8 away from the opponent and add 6-8 on our side. O- rebounder, too. Smart player.

If Kristen is fully healthy, has her normal game and Madison is playing we win by 8- 10. Rae is tough and smart. But, its hard for her to play 8 minutes a quarter. Having Madison back resolves that.

We are going to be just fine. Gonna take awhile. But, we are gonna be just fine.

JMO
There was a lot of standing around watching Ashley do her thing. Just got beat by a better team and no sense in saying or thinking what would have been if Madison had played, we don't know what the outcome would have been or how the opponent would have reacted. If it makes you feel better fine, go for the moral victory but for me just go out and win the game against the biggest OOC rival and leave nothing on the floor.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Relax fans. We were short benched and Kirsten may not be all the way back. I thought our team played hard to the end.

See ya Sunday!

• Winner
Reactions: ISU71

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Relax fans. We were short benched and Kirsten may not be all the way back. I thought our team played hard to the end.

See ya Sunday!

I'll probably tune in for the first half Sunday. Will be more interested in UNI in a week. I know team opponents score comparisons don't really mean anything but it is interesting that UNI routed Iowa in CF and Iowa beat us at Hilton. UNI lost a close one to Alabama on a neutral court and we beat Alabama on the road. UNI also lost big to Ohio State on a neutral while beating Missouri at Mizzu. Both ISU and UNI smashed NDSU. What a mishmash of results, I am just going to go with it being like the Drake game (a pick'em) since UNI has played a tougher schedule and is 2-2 against P5 teams.

BTW, I don't think we are nearly as good as some here think. We have some depth experience but I don't think that depth is really as talented as some think. And, while I don't think Wise is a potential break-though star, she is solid and I think having a solid cornerstone in the starting lineup is a pretty big deal especially one that can play defense. Not sure they get through Big 12 very well without her.

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Once it became evident early on that no fouls were going to be called within 5-6 feet of the basket, ISU was going to be at a disadvantage the rest of the way. 'Clones don't have offensive tackles playing in the post. Scott had a hard time standing up straight just trying to establish position.