Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Last Saturday about 11pm, there was a loud banging at the door. Scared the **** out of us. No one there and after about 10 seconds I opened the door and stepped out, risking the murderer lurking. Kept watching. Eventually saw flashlights cross the street a block or so up and toward a house I've often seen a group of preteen/teen boys playing basketball. The light in the garage was on where I think they hang out. I thought about posting in our neighborhood group but let it go. It scared the hell out of us though, especially after this summer with some of the break-ins and burglaries in the area.

Happened again tonight and I was lit. Ran to the door, ripped it open and yelled Knock it off you little *****! Down the yard like a totally mature and sane person. Heard them yelling to each other to run. DH is ready to sit back down and I'm throwing on my coat because I see the light in that garage is on again and I'm pretty sure I know where they live. I go for a drive. Drive past the house and see a light is on but not sure if a parent is home or not. Make a circle and come back and park with car off. Wait. About a minute later I see a couple heads bobbing as they try to cross the road back to the house. I let them get mid street before I flip my lights on and send them running again. I was laughing so hard.

Decide to see if anyone was home and mom was. She was super nice and probably mortified and those boys are super dead. I was also very nice because she didn't do it, I've got a dumbass brother and it was mostly harmless. Got back to our house and watched and saw them cross the street (Christmas lights make things easier this time of year). Pretty quickly the garage light was off so I'm betting the fun was over :p

DH says our house is getting egged for sure now. And now I'm thinking I should have let them get back into the house and THEN go talk to mom. Oh well, I had no way to know anyone was home. I bet they think I'm ******* nuts tracking them through the neighborhood. I mean, probably but maybe they'll think twice next time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Last Saturday about 11pm, there was a loud banging at the door. Scared the **** out of us. No one there and after about 10 seconds I opened the door and stepped out, risking the murderer lurking. Kept watching. Eventually saw flashlights cross the street a block or so up and toward a house I've often seen a group of preteen/teen boys playing basketball. The light in the garage was on where I think they hang out. I thought about posting in our neighborhood group but let it go. It scared the hell out of us though, especially after this summer with some of the break-ins and burglaries in the area.

Happened again tonight and I was lit. Ran to the door, ripped it open and yelled Knock it off you little *****! Down the yard like a totally mature and sane person. Heard them yelling to each other to run. DH is ready to sit back down and I'm throwing on my coat because I see the light in that garage is on again and I'm pretty sure I know where they live. I go for a drive. Drive past the house and see a light is on but not sure if a parent is home or not. Make a circle and come back and park with car off. Wait. About a minute later I see a couple heads bobbing as they try to cross the road back to the house. I let them get mid street before I flip my lights on and send them running again. I was laughing so hard.

Decide to see if anyone was home and mom was. She was super nice and probably mortified and those boys are super dead. I was also very nice because she didn't do it, I've got a dumbass brother and it was mostly harmless. Got back to our house and watched and saw them cross the street (Christmas lights make things easier this time of year). Pretty quickly the garage light was off so I'm betting the fun was over :p

DH says our house is getting egged for sure now. And now I'm thinking I should have let them get back into the house and THEN go talk to mom. Oh well, I had no way to know anyone was home. I bet they think I'm ******* nuts tracking them through the neighborhood. I mean, probably but maybe they'll think twice next time.

so kick ball updates become ding dong ditch updates?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Anyone want to go to the ISU wrestling meet tonight? Starts at 7. We have two season ticket seats and two general admission that we’re not using.
Season tickets are section 133, row 12, seats 1-2. Aisle and line up with center mat.
I’d rather have one full weekend day and evening to do home and holiday things.
I can email via ISU’s ticket exchange.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
correct. It'd probably be less scary if they rang the doorbell. The banging sounds like someone trying to break in or something really serious about to happen. I'm officially an old person now though.

The banging on the door would get kids shot in some states.

BTW, your house is definitely getting egged or worse. Mine did after I talked to neighbor dad some years back about his kid shooting his BB pistol out the 2nd story window at other houses and people. Woof, dad was pissed! Not at me.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

BTW, your house is definitely getting egged or worse. Mine did after I talked to neighbor dad some years back about his kid shooting his BB pistol out the 2nd story window at other houses and people. Woof, dad was pissed! Not at me.

Did you Vaseline their door knobs to get even?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Yeah I thought the same especially after the break ins this summer. They're like 14 so maybe they're young enough yet to not try revenge but idk. I'd know who it likely is and I bet the mom would make them clean it up. Shooting a bb gun? Yeah that kid was. Being naughty

• Optimistic
Reactions: BCClone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Planning a trip to Vegas with the wife; neither of us have ever been. Of these 3 places, what is the best to stay? Palms, Sahara, or Rio?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Any tips on handling ****** family situation around the holidays? Outside of not showing up (which I think wouldnt affect the guilty parties what so ever, even though that might be best for us?)

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah I thought the same especially after the break ins this summer. They're like 14 so maybe they're young enough yet to not try revenge but idk. I'd know who it likely is and I bet the mom would make them clean it up. Shooting a bb gun? Yeah that kid was. Being naughty

Too young????? That gave me a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.