*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Who cares. Wiggington peaked midway through his freshman year & never got better. Huge step back sophomore year mentally & physically & that's on Prohm. Apologists will blame his injury but the fact is he was fine by late December. Prohm's entire career is based off of his "development" of Cam Payne. However, Payne's out of the league and the fact is he took over a Murray State team that was a truly elite mid-major and maintained status quo. They're better now of course. Monte Morris is who he is now b/c of his drive, talent and Hoiberg, and despite the year with Prohm.

Yet, one can't really be in the "Fire Prohm" camp because the guy really is a monster recruiter. He gets them in, no doubt about it. He just can't coach, develop, or keep them. Sooner or later people will pick up on that. Halliburton may be the exception though. Hopefully. Let us pray.

Better how exactly?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I couldn't watch but was there anything specifically from a scheme standpoint that stood out as red flags from the get go or throughout the game?

Attacking the zone.. It was like they didn't expect it. So that was frustrating, you know your team cannot hit the outside shot, Fran has played some zone already this year

Thought they would be quicker and better equipped to react to it

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Better how exactly?

Dude. Look it up. Prohm had a great first year team at Murray with the prior coach's players & it was downhill from there. His last team there was mid-level NIT. Whereas last year, Murray demolished Marquette in the first round and had the #2 pick in the NBA draft.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah, there is really zero reason wiggington isn’t here, Other than he just didn’t like prohm...you can’t play the best player on the team 20 minutes, meanwhile playing Babb for 35 minutes and get nothing out of him...and expect anything other than what you got last year...these kids aren’t dumb, they know who should be playing

Shayok played well more than 20 mins per game. I assume when you say best player on the team that's who you're talking about, because he was clearly that guy and it wasn't close.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sometimes you just get your butt kicked. This team when playing a zone is going to have some serious problems.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Dude. Look it up. Prohm had a great first year team at Murray with the prior coach's players & it was downhill from there. His last team there was mid-level NIT. Whereas last year, Murray demolished Marquette in the first round and had the #2 pick in the NBA draft.

Prohm’s last team at Murry won 29 games and went undefeated in OVC play. They haven’t done either since...

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: Snydes and Macloney

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Giving credit where credit is due, Luka Garza deserves all the praise for what he's done this year. He's been a beast.

You know who doesn't deserve any praise or TV time? His criminal dad Frank.

• Agree
Reactions: psi and Snydes

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Giving credit where credit is due, Luka Garza deserves all the praise for what he's done this year. He's been a beast.

You know who doesn't deserve any praise or TV time? His criminal dad Frank.

I've seen this mentioned a couple times, what's the story there?

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
You are right. Prohm has inherited strength at both spots and turned it into weakness. He has crushed Hilton Magic. Recruiting, solid. But who cares if it equates 0 tourney wins?

QUOTE="cdfree, post: 6939376, member: 12698"]Dude. Look it up. Prohm had a great first year team at Murray with the prior coach's players & it was downhill from there. His last team there was mid-level NIT. Whereas last year, Murray demolished Marquette in the first round and had the #2 pick in the NBA draft.[/QUOTE]

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think the fact we were pretty battle tested coming into this and still laid this egg at home is pretty disappointing.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My silver lining to this game...man, did I clean up my twitter with mutes and blocks. No real desire to talk with those idiots, so at least my feed is better.

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
I'm finally unbanned! I'm not even sure what I did either, besides some harmless comments before actually talking about the game. Oh well.

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron