The Expanse on Amazon

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, the double finale was entertaining. If they hadn't gotten picked up for another season at least it wouldn't have left everyone hanging like those stupid cliffhanger finales that I hate.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This show is great.
Not sure what I think of their stargate theme with portals and ancient dead race. I love the concept of an alien species so beyond us that we would be essentially termites.

Reactions: aforstate

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I had to stop on page 5 of this thread, but I just started this show like a week or two ago. Great show so far and like someone else said, best sci fi since BSG. The writer's strike back in the day really hurt BSG though, I'm hoping they can keep it together. Season 2 Spoiler: I just finished the episode where Eros dodged the Nauvaroo and the Protomolecule is basically driving it. Man it's getting really exciting now.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I had to stop on page 5 of this thread, but I just started this show like a week or two ago. Great show so far and like someone else said, best sci fi since BSG. The writer's strike back in the day really hurt BSG though, I'm hoping they can keep it together. Season 2 Spoiler: I just finished the episode where Eros dodged the Nauvaroo and the Protomolecule is basically driving it. Man it's getting really exciting now.
Enjoy...the show keeps the excitement going...has to be a blast to binge watch!

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Have they been picked up for another season yet? I just finished Season 3 last night.

Syfy bailed out like they do after a few seasons of anything they do not own. Good news is that Amazon picked it up so it didn't get the a premature burial like a lot of the stuff that Syfy gets into.

Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Syfy bailed out like they do after a few seasons of anything they do not own. Good news is that Amazon picked it up so it didn't get the a premature burial like a lot of the stuff that Syfy gets into.
Tell me about it. One of the reasons why it is sometimes hard to get invested in some of their new shows. #Defiance

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tell me about it. One of the reasons why it is sometimes hard to get invested in some of their new shows. #Defiance

#Dominion #Defiance #Dark Matter

At least the storyline for Defiance didn't just stop abruptly.

Dark Matter and Killjoys were my Friday night guilty pleasures. Didn't find out till last week that they cancelled Dark Matter and kept the vastly inferior Killjoys. I mostly only watched Killjoys cause it was back to back with DM. The Dark Matter space opera characters were some you actually cared about and Android was the bomb. Killjoys is shitting acting, crappy production and characters you just hope will all just die. It's not good when the best character is the voice of the ship. :rolleyes: Tuned in to first episode this season channel flipping the other night. If anything it had gotten even worse with a season opener that was just a filler flashback background thingie that was totes unnecessary and advanced nothing in the story. Probably won't tune in again as it challenges my mantra of "bad sci-fi is better than no sci-fi at all." o_O

And, meanwhile, they offer up another season of the dreadfully awful Z Nation. :(

/endsyfyrant

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
#Dominion #Defiance #Dark Matter

At least the storyline for Defiance didn't just stop abruptly.

Dark Matter and Killjoys were my Friday night guilty pleasures. Didn't find out till last week that they cancelled Dark Matter and kept the vastly inferior Killjoys. I mostly only watched Killjoys cause it was back to back with DM. The Dark Matter space opera characters were some you actually cared about and Android was the bomb. Killjoys is shitting acting, crappy production and characters you just hope will all just die. It's not good when the best character is the voice of the ship. :rolleyes: Tuned in to first episode this season channel flipping the other night. If anything it had gotten even worse with a season opener that was just a filler flashback background thingie that was totes unnecessary and advanced nothing in the story. Probably won't tune in again as it challenges my mantra of "bad sci-fi is better than no sci-fi at all." o_O

And, meanwhile, they offer up another season of the dreadfully awful Z Nation. :(

/endsyfyrant
Good to know on Killjoys, as I was contemplating watching that. I'll probably just skip it. I actually like Z-Nation just because of how cheesy and ridiculous it is. Was considering Dark Matter a few months back and now I'm glad I didn't bother since they cancelled it.

SyFy Channel's programming and decisions on which shows to keep is a f*cking mess. It might be a blessing for The Expanse to have been picked up by Amazon.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good to know on Killjoys, as I was contemplating watching that. I'll probably just skip it. I actually like Z-Nation just because of how cheesy and ridiculous it is. Was considering Dark Matter a few months back and now I'm glad I didn't bother since they cancelled it.

SyFy Channel's programming and decisions on which shows to keep is a f*cking mess. It might be a blessing for The Expanse to have been picked up by Amazon.

Dark Matter is worth binging IMHO even with it's lack of resolution.

Now remembering pissed off Boxster back some years ago when Farscape got the axe. Good lord I am such a sucker for sci-fi.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I thought Defiance had a good premise and started out pretty good but was definately getting worse before it was cancelled. I think they ended it appropriately.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I just found out SYFY app only streams the last 5 episodes and I can’t start season 3... THE HORROR.

Really enjoyed the first two seasons.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was so bored last night I tried watching Killjoys. Just such a muddled up awful plot just wastes a couple actors who try to keep the thing together. Won't waste time on giving it another shot.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That was one of the most badass scenes in cinema history.

Finished season 3, wild the way it was really 2 seasons from a narrative perspective.

tumblr_p8utu12DXr1s5g7t1o1_500.gif