Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
And snow. Cause 2019.
Tomorrow's high should be at 12:01 am as well.

source.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I am this close to removing Tik Tok and just about every other social media type thing from my daughter's phone. She constantly "doesn't have enough time" but still can find time to be on her phone hours a day.

Teenagers! :mad:
Meh - our kids were done with their teens before flip-phones came out, and for that I'm VERY grateful. Our kids, however, are being driven crazy by their teenagers and tweeners, and we're busting a gut laughing at them!

Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Meh - our kids were done with their teens before flip-phones came out, and for that I'm VERY grateful. Our kids, however, are being driven crazy by their teenagers and tweeners, and we're busting a gut laughing at them!
What makes matters worse is that the schools are embracing the phone culture and integrating their phones into the curriculum and putting things on line that they access through their phones. If you try to take phones away entirely it somewhat hamstrings them from getting their studies done efficiently - but of course if they have them they aren't being efficient when they are "studying" anyway. :(

I'm about to the point of having a meeting with her school to find out exactly what they need their phones for and what they don't. How do they handle students who don't have a phone [I'm told they still (rarely) exist] or if they have been taken away?

The teens get the shakes if they can't answer someone's text or media posting right away even if it is after hours. It's ridiculous.

/rant

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms

Speaking of phones, I was googling WTF all of the bulk loaded apps on my new phone were last night. Deleted a bunch, others you cannot delete.

Chased a big buck deer away from the neighbors yews last night. ******* deer. That rack should be hanging in some deer camp not scavenging my hood for treats. Checked, there is no app for this.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We go to a friend's house for a large party every Christmas eve. Our Christmas day will not be business as usual with Lew & I wandering around in sweats & slippers, watching movies as we don't usually do gifts. This year, the daughter that just moved back to DSM called; they want to come up & re-create a Christmas day we spent with them about 15 year ago...tacos and margaritas. That has been my favorite Christmas day since Lew & I got married (earlier, our kids spent eve with us, then were dropped at other parents' for night/morning). So that will be fun. :D

It's a good thing we didn't pull the trigger on the bowl game, because USMC son called yesterday and told us he & his 4 girls (wife has to stay home & work) will be arriving on the 27th & staying through at least the 1st. This was AFTER we found out that other daughter plans to come for NYE and spend the night, bringing her new BF and his three kids. And THAT was AFTER we found out that her ex (with whom we have maintained contact due to custody of our granddaughters, and who has stayed over several times before) is ALSO planning to bring the girls for NYE, and spend the night, and was considering bringing his new GF.

Still up in the air is whether the two sons we are meeting in KC next weekend are coming for NYE (and spending the night). One usually brings his boy & girl, the other comes every two or three years. Not sure if they will make a point to come this time because it will be the first time in five years that the four sets of cousins (daughter's 2 girls, USMC son's 4 girls, my older bio son's 4 girls, and my younger bio son's boy & girl) have been together. Last time we had 5 of our six kids and 14 of our grandkids together was at Lew's 60th b-day.

It would be a houseful for sure. We will probably have to set someone up in a hotel, and it will be tricky deciding who. And hopefully there will be enough people to put distance between the exes. Lew has already said that anyone who creates drama will be invited to leave. Bold words, tough to actually enforce.

I may or may not survive NYE this year.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We go to a friend's house for a large party every Christmas eve. Our Christmas day will not be business as usual with Lew & I wandering around in sweats & slippers, watching movies as we don't usually do gifts. This year, the daughter that just moved back to DSM called; they want to come up & re-create a Christmas day we spent with them about 15 year ago...tacos and margaritas. That has been my favorite Christmas day since Lew & I got married (earlier, our kids spent eve with us, then were dropped at other parents' for night/morning). So that will be fun. :D

It's a good thing we didn't pull the trigger on the bowl game, because USMC son called yesterday and told us he & his 4 girls (wife has to stay home & work) will be arriving on the 27th & staying through at least the 1st. This was AFTER we found out that other daughter plans to come for NYE and spend the night, bringing her new BF and his three kids. And THAT was AFTER we found out that her ex (with whom we have maintained contact due to custody of our granddaughters, and who has stayed over several times before) is ALSO planning to bring the girls for NYE, and spend the night, and was considering bringing his new GF.

Still up in the air is whether the two sons we are meeting in KC next weekend are coming for NYE (and spending the night). One usually brings his boy & girl, the other comes every two or three years. Not sure if they will make a point to come this time because it will be the first time in five years that the four sets of cousins (daughter's 2 girls, USMC son's 4 girls, my older bio son's 4 girls, and my younger bio son's boy & girl) have been together. Last time we had 5 of our six kids and 14 of our grandkids together was at Lew's 60th b-day.

It would be a houseful for sure. We will probably have to set someone up in a hotel, and it will be tricky deciding who. And hopefully there will be enough people to put distance between the exes. Lew has already said that anyone who creates drama will be invited to leave. Bold words, tough to actually enforce.

We're trying to do NYE at my sister's house in DM with my cousins. There would be 20 of us under one roof. It's a pretty big house but that's a ton of people for it. Some people (i.e. kids) will not be sleeping in places they necessarily want to sleep. We'll be turning one room that is currently used for storage into a bedroom. That way, each adult couple will get a bedroom. My sister has generously offered to allow my kids to sleep with her and my BIL in the large master bedroom on an air mattress and cot. My California cousin's kids will be sleeping on a couch and sleeping bags in the basement rec room and my other cousin's daughter will have the choice of an air mattress in their bedroom or in the basement with her cousins (this one is a junior at ISU). I may not be surviving NYE with you.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We're trying to do NYE at my sister's house in DM with my cousins. There would be 20 of us under one roof. It's a pretty big house but that's a ton of people for it. Some people (i.e. kids) will not be sleeping in places they necessarily want to sleep. We'll be turning one room that is currently used for storage into a bedroom. That way, each adult couple will get a bedroom. My sister has generously offered to allow my kids to sleep with her and my BIL in the large master bedroom on an air mattress and cot. My California cousin's kids will be sleeping on a couch and sleeping bags in the basement rec room and my other cousin's daughter will have the choice of an air mattress in their bedroom or in the basement with her cousins (this one is a junior at ISU). I may not be surviving NYE with you.
Howzabout you, your wife, Lew & I meet up for NYE and let the rest of them fend for themselves?

I'm only HALF kidding...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Exs and new significant others. Let's do this!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is mass idiocy contagious?
How concerned should I be staying in the same hotel as the CF gang while in Orlando?
Is there a vaccine?
Should I just make like a Japanese tourist and wear a facemask?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
How concerned should I be staying in the same hotel as the CF gang while in Orlando?
Is there a vaccine?
I can guarantee you will find plenty of drinking partners among them. The couple of trips we took with CF were definitely "well-oiled".

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So you're wanting to mail a package to someone? 'Tis the season! (But really, this goes for the whole year)

1) Have the item you're mailing already boxed up or placed in an envelope, and secured correctly. (Do not use scotch tape on a typical cardboard box
2) Have a legible address/label secured on to the largest surface of said box. Do not try to be cute and scribble it in marker on the smallest side.
- Also, make sure it's centered. There's rules and regs from the USPS on where we put the postage. It has to go in the upper right corner from where the address is.

Guess who dealt with WAY too much postal stuff today...and gets to do it all over again tomorrow.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Exs and new significant others. Let's do this!
Pics or I won’t believe it. On second thought, never mind. I hope all involved have a wonderful time.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Is there a vaccine?
So those Japanese masks are actually so the person wearing the mask doesn't get others sick. So are you the dummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron