Votes: 168 44.3%
  • I do believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 211 55.7%

• Total voters

CoachBob

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
Jamie will not fire Prohm unless there is a clear upgrade on the market that he thinks we have a legitimate shot at.

Anybody know of anyone out there that would be a good fit?

Well he had that chance last spring. He must have an issue with Fred. Could have gotten lucky like he did with McDoormat. Bama would have hired Prohm and Fred had Lincoln on hold to see what happens. Pollard chose not to bring Fred back.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I hope that jumps starts him. He’s got some talent, junior, big 12 body, nice jumper...just needs consistency at practice and games.

And Lewis’s defensive progression (or lack thereof) is coaching related as well. Player has to execute, but the staff owns this as well.

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Stop hyperventilating. There's nothing private and secretive about wanting to know whether your key players are actually going to play.

Wanting to know is one thing, trying to assert you have the right to know about a private situation is completely different. And that was what the crewe did for him and McKay.

no ones business what happens behind the scenes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So a 27 year old coach?
I believe he's 26 right now so he'd be 29 at the time and maybe 30 depending on when he'd be hired. The comment was mostly satire but I do think he'd make a heck of a coach someday. He's got a heck of a basketball mind and I think would be a great recruiter.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Ok, I'll say it and I'll probably get roasted: Are we really trying to compare him to Fred still? Fred was great. Fred is gone. Steve isn't Fred and never will be. Comparing the two in the first couple years made sense on some level but now? That ship has sailed and it ain't coming back.

i wont roast you

people are just really fu**ing dumb that still hold on to fred. lol @ them.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Well, he's not the one shooting abysmally from three or standing around and watching on offense or getting his ass kicked in the paint. But they're all his recruits, so the buck stops with him. I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season since it's unfair to judge a team based on one bad December loss.
But there's definitely some additional pressure on him now to get the ship righted. Last night was an embarrassment and I dearly hope it ends up being the low point of the season, or else we have a couple long months in front of us.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Wanting to know is one thing, trying to assert you have the right to know about a private situation is completely different. And that was what the crewe did for him and McKay.

no ones business what happens behind the scenes.

Again with the straw man. Nobody asserted a right to know what goes on behind the scenes.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This is not the first time he has shown cracks, but this game just really exposed those cracks to me in his abilities that put doubt in my mind about whether Prohm is right here long term. I hope Jamie is objectively looking at him this year and really considering all the options moving forward when it comes to his review and contract. I hope Prohm is willing to take some constructive feedback on what he could be doing better on his coaching. I hope he's also re-assessing his assistant coaches and deciding what he could do to help his "in-game decision making".

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Every piece of this thread feel 100% like the McDoormat days. (well, I think we see better recruits now - that makes it worse)

I say move on now. Let's just get this over with and get a new guy in.
We may not get lucky and have someone come calling like we did with Greg.

• Agree
Reactions: nickcyv

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Ok, I'll say it and I'll probably get roasted: Are we really trying to compare him to Fred still? Fred was great. Fred is gone. Steve isn't Fred and never will be. Comparing the two in the first couple years made sense on some level but now? That ship has sailed and it ain't coming back.

Ironically it's the people who defend Prohm the most that keep bringing up Fred to somehow discredit anyone that thinks Prohm has flaws.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Every piece of this thread feel 100% like the McDoormat days. (well, I think we see better recruits now - that makes it worse)

I say move on now. Let's just get this over with and get a new guy in.
We may not get lucky and have someone come calling like we did with Greg.

Do you really think its a good idea to move on so quickly removed from a Big 12 Tournament Championship and NCAA tournament appearance. I don't think it'd be a good look for our athletics department and I think Prohm is safe until at least 2021.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
well i think it starts and ends with Shaka'

Last year Prohm split games with Huggins, won 2 of 3 from Weber, split with Beard, went 1-2 against Self and Drew

Best I got..

Slight correction, we went 2-1 against Kansas.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Do you really think its a good idea to move on so quickly removed from a Big 12 Tournament Championship and NCAA tournament appearance. I don't think it'd be a good look for our athletics department and I think Prohm is safe until at least 2021.
Yep I do. And I worry we will suck all year, go the KC and make a great run and that buys him more time to suck again next year. As for not a good look for our athletics department - have you watched the games we have lost this year? I have - and that is not a good look for our athletics department.

Just my opinion. I understand wanting to fire at a more traditional time.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

He isn't getting fired in 2020 or 2021.