This is why Prohm must go........

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
prohm got gutted after naz/morris sr. year.

hence the bad season that followed.

we knew this team had question marks going into the year and then when those questions marks are shown, everyone freaks the f*** out. chill bros jeesh
I think everyone is overreacting and after a loss like that it's a little bit warranted. Prohm is a smart enough person and coach that knows he has got to get better. Last year we had similar problems but had the talent to overcome deficiencies. This year Prohm looks to have a tougher puzzle to figure out but I'm not going to give up on him yet.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
That's not bad, but the trend isn't looking good since the Hoiberg recruits have left. Prohm's teams seem to suffer way too much roster turnover to get any consistent results.

Next year will be another bottom 1/3rd finish if Haliburton leaves.

Starting back court of Bolton, Jackson and Grill?
Unless one of the freshman shine out. At the same time, you have Conditt, Young, and Foster all down low. I think starting this year we need to figure out how to get the posts involved.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
My wife, ever the optimist and avowed Steve Prohm advocate, last night: "Well ... there were a few good moments."

Seriously, I haven't seen a home performance like that since the McDoormat days -- and maybe not even then (I've blocked a lot of those memories). Even he's changed his offensive philosophy and style.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Two most frustrating things from last night:

1) Way too much standing around on offense and shooting 3s. When we attacked and had movement we scored. We should've been scoring at will on Iowa

2) Our defense looked uninspired. Way too many drives all the way to the rim. Even by Bohannon!

I am not ready to give up on Prohm but there are a lot of disconcerting trends that don't seem to be getting better. This roster has some nice pieces but not having any shooters in today's game is poor roster construction.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Steve is a good recruiter and a great human being. I love him for our program. That being said, having watched iowa beat us in nearly every sport for 2 years, the last f'n thing i want to hear from coaches or players after a game against iowa is we weren't ready to play. That is unacceptable.

KcCyclone77

Sep 21, 2017
I too took the night to sleep on it before posting anything.
With that being said, do I think Prohm needs to be fired? No, but I think his seat should be uncomfortable. His post-game comments almost made me more upset than the actual game. I don't care how much accountability you take, the fact that you were beaten in every facet of the game is extremely alarming. Iowa did nothing different to make it difficult to scout.

I've never been completely sold on Prohm, but I've always given him more than the benefit of the doubt due to his recruiting abilities and his character. But ever since day one where we can't even design a play to get basketball inbounds during a press, I knew something was up. And then last night where our only gameplan was to pass around the perimeter as one of the worst shooting teams in college basketball, instead of attacking the rim and getting Garza in foul trouble, really has me scratching my head.

So yeah, let's not overreact and call for his job, there is a lot of basketball left. But my god man, show us some adjustments, some play calls, something to prove the naysayers wrong. But I think it is completely fair that if we don't make the tourney, Jamie should make him nervous about his job security.

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley

1) Way too much standing around on offense and shooting 3s. When we attacked and had movement we scored. We should've been scoring at will on Iowa

2) Our defense looked uninspired. Way too many drives all the way to the rim. Even by Bohannon!

I am not ready to give up on Prohm but there are a lot of disconcerting trends that don't seem to be getting better. This roster has some nice pieces but not having any shooters in today's game is poor roster construction.

The frustrating thing to me is, on paper this team SHOULD have shooters. Haliburton shot 40+% last year, Bolton was right around 40, Nixon was over 30, and even Jacobson IIRC was at least mid-30's. How has every one of these individuals regressed from long distance this season? Is it an offseason workouts issue? A personal work ethic issue? Should we still be waiting for them to all "return to the mean" when we're already a 3rd of the way through the season?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The frustrating thing to me is, on paper this team SHOULD have shooters. Haliburton shot 40+% last year, Bolton was right around 40, Nixon was over 30, and even Jacobson IIRC was at least mid-30's. How has every one of these individuals regressed from long distance this season? Is it an offseason workouts issue? A personal work ethic issue? Should we still be waiting for them to all "return to the mean" when we're already a 3rd of the way through the season?

Typically good shooters don't continue to shoot poorly but it's getting hard to find hope that it changes.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
At the beginning of the year I was waiting for them to return to the mean but that hope is starting to slip.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
With all due respect........we have never, EVER had a "distinct" talent advantage over Iowa. Maybe a player here, there i.e. Seneca......but never an overall "distinct" advantage.

1998-2000 ISU most certainly did. 2001 was probably close to a wash.

Hayden ran their program into the ground at the end. Go look at their records those years and get back to me with your thoughts.

But I digress. This is a basketball meltdown.

azhuth09

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 6, 2012
Des Moines, IA

No kidding, when is the last time anybody cut without the ball.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No kidding, when is the last time anybody cut without the ball.
We ran a beautiful back door play against UMKC two games ago where they were completely denying the ball. Guess what happened... Bolton got an and-one dunk.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
That 17-18 season was absolutely terrible. Carry on putting together stats that make things look as bad as possible.

Like I said, terrible seaons don't count? You act as if the other poster just pulled some random year out from 9 years ago to make him look bad. Have you ever heard of current trends?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron