This is why Prohm must go........

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
No you haven’t. You’ve provided emotionally immature ramblings of group think negativity

imagine one of the kids on the team, or kids coming in here next year, or someone we are actively recruiting, or even better their families, reading this nonsense.
I’m buddies with a few of the guys on team. Like I mentioned earlier, I know exactly why Lindell left. It’s not a “rant or rambling” that he doesn’t make good in-adjustments, runs an offense that has way too much freedom to the point where he only calls ONE play during a game that he calls once every 5-10 minutes or so. He’s a GREAT recruiter and is solid at recognizing talent, but when it comes to coaching, he’s proven that he’s nothing but a mid-major coach.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The sad thing is TJ is sitting out in the desert waiting for an offer to come back. Meanwhile we have the Clay Helton of basketball.

Whoa this is a contender Jc, you’re gonna have to up your game.

I’m confident you can do it.

• Creative
Reactions: jcisuclones

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Whoa this is a contender Jc, you’re gonna have to up your game.

Still waiting on you to spout out some facts and insight. I’m starting to feel like Twins when he’s trying to get hok trolls to admit that Brock Purdy is better than Nate Stanley - if there’s no facts to back it up, it’s easy to hide or make insults from behind your key learn.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
No you haven’t. You’ve provided emotionally immature ramblings of group think negativity

imagine one of the kids on the team, or kids coming in here next year, or someone we are actively recruiting, or even better their families, reading this nonsense.

That's is the effect that losing has on the fan base. If Prohm doesn't lose at home, then he doesn't have to worry about the families of recruits being turned off by negative messages on Iowa State message boards.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

BoomerangJ

Nov 14, 2014
"We weren't ready to play" "they beat us in the first five minutes" "I'll own it". Wow! This is Iowa, at home. If we can't be ready to play Iowa at home-major red flag. I think back on the talent he has recruited and then I wonder what the record would be if Fred coached them. I think it would be a lot better then what Prohm has done. Maybe his desire to teach and mold the team is unbalanced in terms of his vision and not how the players can best play too much. I think it's getting close to the point he must go. If we lose Hilton Magic then a big part of our basketball heritage is gone. We should expect to have teams that rarely lose in Hilton and if they do lose they don't get blown out, especially by one of our biggest rivals. Be interesting to see where we are at at year end. But we are in the bottom of the Big 12 and no tournament at this stage of his tenure-time to go.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’m buddies with a few of the guys on team. Like I mentioned earlier, I know exactly why Lindell left. It’s not a “rant or rambling” that he doesn’t make good in-adjustments, runs an offense that has way too much freedom to the point where he only calls ONE play during a game that he calls once every 5-10 minutes or so. He’s a GREAT recruiter and is solid at recognizing talent, but when it comes to coaching, he’s proven that he’s nothing but a mid-major coach.
Dang, you should get paid as a grad assistant or something, sitting front row buddies with players etc etc

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
The BIG 12 is rocking this year. Prohm's coached and prepared team
The magic is gone and I don’t know what there is to do about it. We can do worse than Prohm and I don’t think it’s time for him to go. It’s a shame Hilton isn’t a fortress anymore and that’s what stresses me out about the state of ISU basketball at the moment

Prohm with his coaching, preparation and development has stomped out the Hilton magic for a long time, some future head coach will have to bring it back. Insane the number of home games we have lost under Prohm after Fred with great difficulty brought it back.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
For the love of God people, calm down!! It's a rivalry loss, it sucks losing to Iowa-- I know, I was pissed off too. But some people forget that we beat a ranked Seton Hall team not but a week ago. I'm not folding on this team yet. And to be honest, I'm not folding on Coach Steve Prohm either.

Was tonight one of his better coaching performances? Obviously not because of the loss. But it's real easy to get behind this keyboard and criticize from afar when we really don't know what the hell is going on... They have over half of the season left to go, and our fan base is ready to throw in the towel? Pathetic. Coach Calipari could've coach that game tonight and you would have still wanted his head. We are 6-4 right now, with a couple of tune-ups before conference play. I don't have a crystal ball, but I wouldn't close the door on the postseason for the Cyclones just yet. The loss tonight was frustrating, and the fact that it came by the hands of the Hawkeyes on our home court makes it that much painful. But I believe that there are brighter times ahead for this team going forward this season.

I stand by Coach Prohm, and I believe he will have a long successful tenure here before it is said and done.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For the love of God people, calm down!! It's a rivalry loss, it sucks losing to Iowa-- I know, I was pissed off too. But some people forget that we beat a ranked Seton Hall team not but a week ago. I'm not folding on this team yet. And to be honest, I'm not folding on Coach Steve Prohm either.

Was tonight one of his better coaching performances? Obviously not because of the loss. But it's real easy to get behind this keyboard and criticize from afar when we really don't know what the hell is going on... They have over half of the season left to go, and our fan base is ready to throw in the towel? Pathetic. Coach Calipari could've coach that game tonight and you would have still wanted his head. We are 6-4 right now, with a couple of tune-ups before conference play. I don't have a crystal ball, but I wouldn't close the door on the postseason for the Cyclones just yet. The loss tonight was frustrating, and the fact that it came by the hands of the Hawkeyes on our home court makes it that much painful. But I believe that there are brighter times ahead for this team going forward this season.

I stand by Coach Prohm, and I believe he will have a long successful tenure here before it is said and done.

Its not just the one game. This team has glaring issues on both sides of the ball that havent really shown much if any improvement this far into the season. At times it barely looks like there's an offense at all.

At this rate, it looks increasingly likely that Prohm will miss the NCAA tournament for the second time in 3 years, with a 5th place finish and first round loss in between those two. And next year could be more of the same if we lose Halliburton. its not a good trajectory.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is there anyone that wouldn't have signed up for a split this week facing the #16 team in the country and then a team's Super Bowl? Honest question and I'm fine if the answer is no because we should never expect to lose at Hilton but I just know there were a lot of people predicting 0-2

• Funny
Reactions: dshindy

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Is there anyone that wouldn't have signed up for a split this week facing the #16 team in the country and then a team's Super Bowl? Honest question and I'm fine if the answer is no because we should never expect to lose at Hilton but I just know there were a lot of people predicting 0-2

Losing last night is one thing - virtually nobody thought it was a guaranteed win - but ISU should never, ever, ever look that outclassed on its own home floor against a Fran McCaffery team.

There's simply no spinning it, and to his credit Prohm didn't try to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron