Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Except this win was even more convincing and it was in Hilton. This years clones are not as good as last years in my opinion.

Yeah, I am sure you were on here a year ago after that game saying “Don’t worry guys, this ISU team looks like a sure fire tourney team to me” lol

Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yeah, I am sure you were on here a year ago after that game saying “Don’t worry guys, this ISU team looks like a sure fire tourney team to me” lol
There was just more talent. I'm not even saying the clones don't make the tournament but I think a 6 seed would be a big stretch.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Super Bowl or not, Prohm has been out coached 3 out of the last 4, and arguably 4 of the last 5 versus Fran. Yes, read that again.

Just because you don’t like to hear it doesn’t make it false.

Don't think all the coaching in the world does much for you if you can't shoot your way out of a zone. The playbook on us is to pack it in and make us win by shooting.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Don't think all the coaching in the world does much for you if you can't shoot your way out of a zone. The playbook on us is to pack it in and make us win by shooting.
There’s other ways to get teams out of zones, or at least attack them. Prohm mentioned it in the presser (high post touches specifically) that was their game plan, but for whatever reason they didn’t execute.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa out hustled ISU last night. When you're a bad perimeter shooting team like we are this year, you've got to be the ones crashing the boards and diving, and we didn't.
I dont know how the rest of the year goes for either team but Iowa is better than most expected and ISU is doing this things we know we arent good at.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
There’s other ways to get teams out of zones, or at least attack them. Prohm mentioned it in the presser (high post touches specifically) that was their game plan, but for whatever reason they didn’t execute.

Yeah it was annoying watching the ball just go back and forth on the perimeter until a shot went up with little chance of success. I think making more shots cures a lot beyond obviously more points.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah it was annoying watching the ball just go back and forth on the perimeter until a shot went up with little chance of success. I think making more shots cures a lot beyond obviously more points.

As said as nauseam this team is going to have to make shots a little different than what we’re used to. I think they’ll be some regression (more like progression in our case) to the mean. Problem is our data sample size is now big enough to know that mean isn’t very good to begin with.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Last night wasn't about want, and it wasn't about the X's and O's. It was about the Joe's on the floor. If you take the best 5 to put on the floor, 4 of them are hawks. Halliburton, Bohannon, Fredrick, Weiskamp, and Garza. Now that is a team that could win the Big12 or Big10

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Last night wasn't about want, and it wasn't about the X's and O's. It was about the Joe's on the floor. If you take the best 5 to put on the floor, 4 of them are hawks. Halliburton, Bohannon, Fredrick, Weiskamp, and Garza. Now that is a team that could win the Big12 or Big10

Lol

Who would you rather have start for Iowa right now? Purdy or Stanley?

Is this a serious question? Stanley. Purdy is just the latest Richardson who had a big game one time.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Haliburton
Wieskamp
Bolton
Garza

That's about it. Probably Conditt by the end of the year

If you take the top 8, sure I'd put Bolton and Conditt on it. Conditt would be a great backup to Garza. Right now though you and I both know that Bohannon and CJ would be in the starting 5 along with Halliburton and Joe. That would be an elite team, the inside out with Garza working the middle would be sick. Halliburton could get to the rim at will, Joe could also get to the rim, and then you'd have Bohannon and CJ from the outside knocking down shots.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you take the top 8, sure I'd put Bolton and Conditt on it. Conditt would be a great backup to Garza. Right now though you and I both know that Bohannon and CJ would be in the starting 5 along with Halliburton and Joe. That would be an elite team, the inside out with Garza working the middle would be sick. Halliburton could get to the rim at will, Joe could also get to the rim, and then you'd have Bohannon and CJ from the outside knocking down shots.

Bohannon isn't good. Him shutting it down won't hurt you guys IMO. Nixon is probably better than Frederick just because of his defense. Bolton is much better than both

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron