Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Iowa did want it more than us, I agree, however, they are also the better team too this year IMO. ISU outside of Haliburton just really doesn't have anything that scares you at all. Iowa at least has some guys that can shoot the 3, and they have Garza down low which ISU has no match for at all.

So yes, Iowa wanted it more, but they are better than us too.... and it's not really that close IMO. If we go on to have a better season this year than they do, I'll be shocked. In past years I fully expected us to have a better overall year than Iowa no matter how this game turned out, but I don't feel that way this year at all. We just aren't that good.

Oh, and as much as I can't stand Fran, Iowa outcoached us really bad tonight too.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
What was the best defensive Clone team in the last 10 years? efense has never really been a priority. Heaven help us on the road.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
That did not go as I expected. Iowa played well. ISU just looked lost at times on both ends. Best of luck the remainder of the season.
Not as I expected either. I hadn't watched the clones yet tho. Haliburton is a stud. I expected Bolton to be better, maybe just an off night. Even as a hawk fan I've had a hard time getting to the realization that Garza is really that good but he's just flat out tough. He has a level of consistency that the Hawks haven't had for a while. Fredrick might turn out to be pretty decent too. Hopefully the clones go on to have a good season so this turns out to be a nice win.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
One of the most embarrassing games I can ever remember. It’s just a bigger deal to Iowa. I underestimated that. Little brother is always going to give us their best shot and I underestimated that. It will probably be their most important win of the year.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Not as I expected either. I hadn't watched the clones yet tho. Haliburton is a stud. I expected Bolton to be better, maybe just an off night. Even as a hawk fan I've had a hard time getting to the realization that Garza is really that good but he's just flat out tough. He has a level of consistency that the Hawks haven't had for a while. Fredrick might turn out to be pretty decent too. Hopefully the clones go on to have a good season so this turns out to be a nice win.
Doesn’t matter what we do. Fran got his big win. He will grind his team down and they will suck badly the last 15 games. Book it.

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
Yeah not our Super Bowl though

I get it. Losing the state’s Super Bowl 46 times doesn’t help the rest of the season or recruiting though. Maybe try harder?

That said, you are right. This is the State of Iowa’s Super Bowl. I miss the days of it including my mom’s UNI Panthers and my brother’s Bulldogs.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
One of the most embarrassing games I can ever remember. It’s just a bigger deal to Iowa. I underestimated that. Little brother is always going to give us their best shot and I underestimated that. It will probably be their most important win of the year.
They will 100% have a better year than us this year

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Can't be. Already beat Texas Tech. They're clearly better than the clones. Lots of opportunities for much bigger wins in the BIG10 this year. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent win but only time will tell.