This is why Prohm must go........

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Fran has a roster full of Cyclone hating hawk lifers. We have what- maybe one guy who hates the hawkeyes on our team? Our staff & roster isn't that invested in the rivalry. Kinda similar situation with the football team. Frustrating as hell and I won't be sleeping tonight. FML.

What's the reasoning for getting beat by double digits regularly at Hilton?

• Agree
Reactions: brett108

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Last years roster was the absolute apex of talent that we can expect for a Prohm constructed roster. We easily had 15-3 level talent last year which is the reason I was so ***** on this board all year last year.

First time I've seen this thread as I was too disgusted to even care anymore after the Ohio St game, but it looks like alot of people are starting to see the light.
We didn't have remotely close to 15-3 talent last year. That would've made them what...the best team in the history of Iowa State? Yeah, no. Players with high ceilings? Yes. How many coaches take rosters of underclassmen playing a bunch of minutes and magically they're awesome? 2? K and Cal? And those players generally are lottery picks? Yep, definitely comparable.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Prohm"s job is to get guys open his plays he did that we just cant ******* hit any shots.

Thanks but if I’m a head coach I’m leaving Jacobson, Nixon and Bolton open past 20 feet. Makes it fairly easy to find an open player. Ball movement is key to this team.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
It's time for him to go. Since arriving he has

Made the sweet 16 with hoibergs players running hoibergs style, and beat two double digit seeds in the tournament.

Did the same thing as above, but was to foolish to play 4 guards against Purdue, costing us a great chance at the elite 8. That was strike 1.

2017 we all gave him a pass, but that was BRUTAL and in year 3 shouldn't have been as bad.

Last season I give him credit for building the roster which means he gets all the credit for then committing malpractice with it. He hasn't won a tournament game against anything but double digit seeds, and we are going to go 3 seasons without winning a tournament game.

Step down Steve. Save us the time, money, and embarrassment.

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
It's hard to play small ball with no shooters, we have to play a bigger lineup to pound the paint and boards!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
he's our basketball version of CPR. Biggest difference is he can recruit better than CPR ever did.

Does well with the previous coaches players but struggles when the talent disappears. The team last year underperformed in the regular season and NCAA's. Shayok, THT, LW, Tyrese should have done better in the regular season. The conference tourney win was nice but glossed over the regular season and loss to Ohio St.

If you're satisfied with going to the NCAA's 50% of the time with 1 out of every 4 years going to the 2nd round or maybe in an absolute peak year a sweet 16. Prohm's your guy. If you want something better, he's not it.

A lot of Prohm supporters will talk about last year but that is probably our peak year. An average conference finish and 1st round exit is not good in a peak year IMO. The prior year we finished last and this looks like an 8th place Big 12 team unless some people step up to help Haliburton.

Last edited:

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Prohm"s job is to get guys open his plays he did that we just cant ******* hit any shots.

Prohm job is to put us in the best position to win. It’s clear by now that running an offense to get Nixon Bolton grill and Jacobson open for threes isn’t going to win us games this year. Continuing to put up high volumes of 3s and shooting 25% is dumb

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We didn't have remotely close to 15-3 talent last year. That would've made them what...the best team in the history of Iowa State? Yeah, no. Players with high ceilings? Yes. How many coaches take rosters of underclassmen playing a bunch of minutes and magically they're awesome? 2? K and Cal? And those players generally are lottery picks? Yep, definitely comparable.

Think about it, jer is no longer the worst of them.

facts and logic and reason aren’t of concern anymore.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
17 losses in Hilton during his tenure.

That's a pretty damning stat, though I think it's fair to give him a partial pass on 2017-18...we knew we'd have one rough year.

But even if you throw that year out entirely, it's still on average three losses per season at home. Throw out Fred's first year and he lost five home games in the next four years.

(Edit: this is not a Fred vs. Prohm argument. Just illustrating that a home loss was once thought of as a genuine shocker and no longer is.)

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
That's a pretty damning stat, though I think it's fair to give him a partial pass on 2017-18...we knew we'd have one rough year.

But even if you throw that year out entirely, it's still on average three losses per season at home. Throw out Fred's first year and he lost five home games in the next four years.

They should be better than they are. Halliburton is the first lottery pick since Fizer that we have had. We don’t have anything other than high volume low efficiency shooters around him. They may have to just play him off the ball 95% of the time and hope Bolton can start the offense. Just really disappointing because I don’t see the “can’t miss” talent that others see in Grill and Jackson. Serviceable but likely two years away from being Big 12 starters.

• Agree
Reactions: Final42b

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I’ve provided facts and insight. You’ve provided insults.

No you haven’t. You’ve provided emotionally immature ramblings of group think negativity

imagine one of the kids on the team, or kids coming in here next year, or someone we are actively recruiting, or even better their families, reading this nonsense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron