*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Iowa just WANTS the game more, this is the second year in a row, where Iowa out hustled, and out played us. Our kids act like this is just another game, but the Iowa players come out like this is their championship, and lay it all on the line.

ISU was ripped for years, for putting all their eggs in beating Iowa, now we have coaches that look at the Iowa game as a tune up for the conference season. They have to understand how much this game means to the fan base. 5 in a row in football and 2 in a row in BB.

How about we get a little greedy and beat Iowa in both next year, and then use those wins as a spring board to record years.[/QUOTE

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
We seem to have a young team who are still trying to get used to the speed of the game. They are thinking too much and not just playing. They need some confidence and experience.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
Prohm year 4: how is the program better? Numbnutz Pollard will likely offer an extension because it’s safe. Sucks

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Tonight just might be the peak of JorBo's basketball career, so I guess you just have to let him have his fun, laugh at him, and then he can go on his way and coach a high school team somewhere in the future.

I love how the commentators always said.... JorBo is a great COLLEGE basketball player. They never once said that he was just a great basketball player because they know college will be the highest level he reaches. Sure, he might get a little play overseas somewhere, but so do most college players.

I mean, John Neal has a better claim to sh it talking in this rivalry than Bohannon does. It's ridiculous.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
To say Iowa just wanted it more is complete BS. We didn’t execute for sh!t. Barely any in game adjustments and we don’t exploit things that work. Granted I don’t think we win this game either way because we can’t shoot the ball but the drubbing is inexcusable.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The smack talk and way that it invigorates the fanbases is a lot of fun.

I hope you guys get better every game and make the tournament by winning the B12 Tourney! Wouldn’t be the first time or the last.

All in good fun, excited for the next time we meet.
Go **** yourself.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
What will really piss you off, put Prohm on Iowa and Fran on ISU. Who wins? You won't like the either answer.

Its not like Fran is some coaching genius or something, he has found his niche, getting Iowa kids that play hard, and kids that are projects. Some he hits on like Garza, but he also misses on a lot of the same type of players.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa just WANTS the game more, this is the second year in a row, where Iowa out hustled, and out played us. Our kids act like this is just another game, but the Iowa players come out like this is their championship, and lay it all on the line.

ISU was ripped for years, for putting all their eggs in beating Iowa, now we have coaches that look at the Iowa game as a tune up for the conference season. They have to understand how much this game means to the fan base. 5 in a row in football and 2 in a row in BB.

How about we get a little greedy and beat Iowa in both next year, and then use those wins as a spring board to record years.

I don't give a damn if they start caring more about iowa in particular, but you'd think the team would 'want' a win pretty bad wen its nonconference resume is fairly thin.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
Listening to the post game, there is a coaching problem but not what you think... There was a game plan to take away the 3, get from 3/4 court press into offense and attack from the high post. We didn’t take away the 3, the ball rarely touched the high post, we didn’t move the ball or attack downhill. If players aren't going to do / execute what they have been instructed to do then it needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. It’s called discipline and that is what is missing from this coaching staff and the players.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Tonight just might be the peak of JorBo's basketball career, so I guess you just have to let him have his fun, laugh at him, and then he can go on his way and coach a high school team somewhere in the future.

I love how the commentators always said.... JorBo is a great COLLEGE basketball player. They never once said that he was just a great basketball player because they know college will be the highest level he reaches. Sure, he might get a little play overseas somewhere, but so do most college players.

Go **** yourself. EVERY kid on the floor tonight has put way more effort into their lives, talent and schooling than you could ever dream of. He's maximized what was given to him - what have YOU ever done? That kid can do things you can only do on your Xbox. Being labelled a great "college" basketball player is the ultimate in respect but you're too ******* stupid to give a competitor any grace.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Two of our scholarship players never even started the season in Leech and Anderson. Grill and Jackson look to be okay, but nothing more than bench players for us most likely. Griffin and Lewis have become nothing of any significance, and likely never will.

So that's 6 guys right there that we can't really expect to be of much help at all this year.

Now Young- I think he's regressed every year since his freshman year likely due to all the injuries.

Jacobson- also seems to have regressed this season.

Nixon and Bolton- these two are role players off the bench for most schools probably.

Conditt- huge upside IMO and needs to start and play a lot more.

Haliburton- only stud on the team.

That isn't much to work with at all, so as good as Prohm used to be at recruiting, this year's class was not very good, and next year's looks promising, but still really no "shooters" at all.