Lineup going forward

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Solo and Conditt rarely play together which doesn't make sense to me because Conditt is a true 5 and Solo is a true 4. It seems like a no-brainer to pair them up.

My hot take is that Tre starts in front of Nixon by B12 play. We need a shooter in our starting lineup if this team is going to make the tourney. Jackson hasn't been great behind the arc but his potential far outweighs Nixon's. Tre just so happens to play great defense too. This is not a knock on Nixon btw, I think he has been solid but at some point Prohm needs to roll the dice a bit.

There are some scorchers in there. I don't think Solo is a true 4 at all. There is no way he can guard guys on the perimeter. He's the heaviest guy on the team and he needs to be on the block.

Jackson's potential is better than Nixon's, I'll agree with you there. But we've seen Nixon have some great games now. The last 4 games he's shooting 33% from 3. That's perfectly fine.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
TH
Bolton
Nixon
Zion (MJ sub)
Conditt (Solo Sub)

Jackson/Grill sub for the 3 guards. I think part of the problem with our bench production/Zion is they play scared; a missed shot and Steve relegates them back to the bench to be lost for most of the 2nd half. Got to let some guys find some rhythm but hard to do with 4 minutes a night. We frequently cut back on subs in the second half and get gassed late.
That's why Lewis hasn't matured into the player he should have, miss a shot and back to the bench he goes!

• Disagree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
That's why Lewis hasn't matured into the player he should have, miss a shot and back to the bench he goes!
It wasn't because he missed shots, it was because he missed multiple defensive rotations that led to easy buckets. Same for Zion right now. You can see TH getting in his face after possessions.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
There are some scorchers in there. I don't think Solo is a true 4 at all. There is no way he can guard guys on the perimeter. He's the heaviest guy on the team and he needs to be on the block.

Jackson's potential is better than Nixon's, I'll agree with you there. But we've seen Nixon have some great games now. The last 4 games he's shooting 33% from 3. That's perfectly fine.

Yeah, Solo isn’t a true 4 by any means, but he did play there a bit two years ago. I’m looking back and they actually beat two top 25 kenpom teams by playing Talley, Solo, and Lard together. I think I’ll have to look up one of those games and see how they played because that’s pretty foreign under Prohm.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I would say the rotation but who can we rotate in that will make a difference? Let's get Lewis in the lineup quicker to see what he can do with extended minutes.

The difference we need is some different plays. Take Halli off the point for a bit and have him run the baseline runner Prohm loves. Flash Jacobson to the middle like they started in the 2nd half.

Need something more for plays instead of standing around and passing around the perimeter which doesn't do anything.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Lewis is going to be popular around and I love the energy he brought but he got lost all night on defense. We're going to have to find ways to hide him on that end of the floor if he's in the rotation,I hope Prohm can figure out a way bc we desperately need him to bring some offense.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman and GTO

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Get that guy who shot for JD mower on scholarship. He can shoot at least.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think Griffin needs more minutes to show what he can do I feel like Prohm doesn’t even give him a chance to do anything. It’s like he misses one shot and boom out of the game never gets into rhythm or flow of the game.
It was also a really bad shot selection.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
If like previous years with other stars, Haliburton won't play defense, as he IS the offense, and he won't chance a foul called him. (and he needs to rest up for the offensive end). The only way people sit is if they get in foul trouble - and the past stars have never wanted to do that.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
In 6 games vs P6 opponents this year, ISU has been outscored 67-45 in the first 5 minutes of the game. That's down 22 points over only 30 minutes.

It's not about who starts, its who finishes, blah blah, but dear Lord, perhaps its time to start your 2nd best player. Starting the halves is the easiest way to give someone an extra 3-8 minute run each game.

I'm not saying it's going to solve everything, cause it won't, but stop being so reluctant to make changes and FREE CONDITT!!

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
In 6 games vs P6 opponents this year, ISU has been outscored 67-45 in the first 5 minutes of the game. That's down 22 points over only 30 minutes.

It's not about who starts, its who finishes, blah blah, but dear Lord, perhaps its time to start your 2nd best player. Starting the halves is the easiest way to give someone an extra 3-8 minute run each game.

I'm not saying it's going to solve everything, cause it won't, but stop being so reluctant to make changes and FREE CONDITT!!
Noticed, every time Conditt stepped on the floor, Iowa went to zone. Started both halves in man, then when he came in went directly to zone.

Reactions: heitclone

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
If you believe the move is to add Conditt into the starting lineup... who are you taking out?

It's awkward in my opinion because we basically have 3 centers. Jacobson has a little more versatility than the others but he's best in a position to succeed as a small ball 5. The caveat there is we don't have any big wings to help rebound and zero rim protection. Zion was a key piece this year and it's killing us that he hasn't shown much growth.

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
I think Griffin needs more minutes to show what he can do I feel like Prohm doesn’t even give him a chance to do anything. It’s like he misses one shot and boom out of the game never gets into rhythm or flow of the game.
But Bolton and Nixon can miss them at will but never see the pine! Besides Nixon's defense both of them are not to impressive! Give Griffin and Lewis a chance! It's going to be a long season probably anyway!

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron