*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Sorry but we're not going to be a very good team this year. I'm OK with that knowing we have good coaching and good players coming into the program.
That would only be true if this was his second year here.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
My wife just settled me down by returning the discussion to basic logic and sensibilities.
"It's not that complicated a sport, is it? Some players can put the ball in the basket, and some players can't. The Iowa kids apparently can."
"Well, yeah," I said.
"Can we turn the station now?" she asked.
"Oh, sure, yeah."

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Looks like we're playing DePaul out there.

Honestly if you had to come up with a worse half of basketball for ISU on both ends of the floor, could you even think of one that was close?
I can think of a road game where Indiana destroyed us by like 50. Maybe that one.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
Prohm is an interesting case. He has a certain earnestness that allows him to be a really good recruiter, but the guy just can’t coach. He’s either an ace asst/recruiter for a top 10-15 team or a mid major coach. But he’s not a big-time coach.
Yup. But you said "interesting," and I might have said something more vulgar.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can’t believe how more athletic Iowa is compared to ISU.

I wouldn't say they are more athletic, but yes, they definitely hustle more, play harder, make good crisp cuts.... and definitely shoot the ball a LOT better.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
The whole team looks like they have completely lost their confidence, especially Solo and Jake. I didn't see this coming, thought we would bring it tonight. If Sh had Sandro we probably leave that one with an L as well.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I wouldn't say they are more athletic, but yes, they definitely hustle more, play harder, make good crisp cuts.... and definitely shoot the ball a LOT better.

I’m also wondering if our guys are having to think and make more reads and that is why they are playing slower. I think we play with more freedom but not sure that’s always good, especially early in the season.

• Creative
Reactions: dirtyninety

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He wasn’t. That was that Burton/Monte/Naz/Thomas team. I suppose playing with four NBA players helped Solo’s game a little then:)
I'm guessing injuries, he seems slower and his defending the rim is lacking the pop he used to have.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC and Doc

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My wife just settled me down by returning the discussion to basic logic and sensibilities.
"It's not that complicated a sport, is it? Some players can put the ball in the basket, and some players can't. The Iowa kids apparently can."
"Well, yeah," I said.
"Can we turn the station now?" she asked.
"Oh, sure, yeah."

Bingo! It is fairly simple. You need to put the round ball in the basket. If you have nobody on your team that can do that, chances are... you aren't going to be very good.

And the problem is, Prohm isn't really bringing in any "shooters" next season either, and Haliburton will be gone.