Dan LeBatard Show w/Stugotz

Do you like the Dan LeBatard Show w/Stugotz?

• Love it

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Don't listen/watch

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Listen/watch but have no opinion

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't get how the shtick draws people in in the same way I don't get how all the morning sports TV shows draw people in.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's in my top 3. This, High Noon, and First Take are my go to downloads. There's definitely a lot of love it or hate it shows on right now. I can't stand the Will Cain show or either of the morning shows.

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
I hate to admit it, but I don't get what there is to "get" about Lebatard/Stugotz. Can't stand the show...its like fingernails on a chalk board for me when i hear their voices. Believe me, i've tried. It was our only choice when the competing sports radio station in my town dropped Dan Patrick. That was about the same time that Lebatard replaced the Cowherd show.

I remember sitting at the bar with my buddies and we were all in agreement that Lebatard was terrible, and that ESPN certainly would be replacing them soon. We were wrong!

I liken it to the Big Bang Theory. People love the show, yet it does nothing for me....may as well be staring at a blank screen. To each their own I guess.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Like others have said, and in other threads, some get it some dont.

I find his style halarious and understand it for what it is, I'm not looking for hard knock sports.

At the same time I hate Seinfeld and think that is terrible comedy.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I love this show, but totally understand why some don't.

If you're dead serious about sports, you may not like it. But if you like guys that don't take it very seriously and laugh and joke about it, you probably like it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyinne

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Well, now ESPN officially has nobody left worth listening to. Greenberg and Kellerman can talk all day and not say anything interesting.

Reactions: jctisu

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I think it’s still on. It’s horrible.
I didn’t realize that. So he didn’t want to do radio, started the Get Up thing or whatever it’s called, then went back to radio.
Yeah he's doing both TV & Radio now. Probably should since he is supposedly making 6+ million dollars a year.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think it’s still on. It’s horrible.
I didn’t realize that. So he didn’t want to do radio, started the Get Up thing or whatever it’s called, then went back to radio.

Yeah, I realize that Mike & Mike was generic white bread readymade for ESPN radio, but at least it was listenable - I think Golic had a lot to do with that. Ever since he killed Mike & Mike I've gone out of my way not to listen to anything Greenberg because dried paint is more entertaining.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, I realize that Mike & Mike was generic white bread readymade for ESPN radio, but at least it was listenable - I think Golic had a lot to do with that. Ever since he killed Mike & Mike I've gone out of my way not to listen to anything Greenberg because dried paint is more entertaining.

Greenberg is an excellent journalist. But sports radio isn't made for journalists. There's too much time to fill to just dryly talk about sports. The best shows are loosly based on sports talk and have fun on the air. Golic was the fun part of the show. Greenberg felt like he was being pulled into the fun parts reluctantly.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mike and Mike had GREAT guests. Some of their interviews with Coach K were really good.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I haven’t listened to ESPN radio for years now. I stopped mainly because whatever the “hot take” was on M&M that morning fueled the discussion for all their other shows for the rest of the day, ad nauseum. And probably 13-15 days/year the hot take would be Michael vs Lebron, or some other regurgitated topic.