Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Bart Torvik PRPG! for Niang and Uthoff by year...

Niang
---
2013 = 3.5
2014 = 3.5
2015 = 3.9
2016 = 5.7

Uthoff
---
2014 = 2.2
2015 = 3.6
2016 = 4.5

Who was better, again?

That stat has Georges being worth 1.2 more points during their mutual senior years.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I honestly feel like Iowa has a better team at this point from what we've seen from both squads. Their offense has been really good and scoring can come from a lot of places in their lineup. The Cyclones have struggled to shoot and Iowa will dare them to shoot threes over their zone. Hilton will be a big boost, but I think Iowa gets their first Hilton victory in nearly 2 decades 82/72. Hopefully I am wrong and the Cyclones win and shoot well.

I'll also predict a double technical, at least one bloody player (separate incident from double technical, just a basketball play resulting in a cut), Bohannon doing the ol miss dog peeing celebration at midcourt which causes his hips to be permanently injured in that position where they carry him off the court in a dog carrier & he later grad transfers to a school with a dog mascot. They also show his tweet from last night during the broadcast. Early tomorrow morning, Fran gets a multi-year extension announced.

Iowa is much better in half court offense because of Garza. Tyrese is elite on offense but his game depends on the players around him knocking down shots which is a total roll of the dice. Garza can get consistent half court points even if the rest of his team is playing like dog****.

I don't think they're better defensively at all, really not at any single position. I think ISU is too inconsistent to say we're better in an uptempo game but we should have the pieces to make that a possibility.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Iowa, they take it personal and we do too.
Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.

The players know this is the super bowl. Halliburton talks about this game all the time.
Bet they talk KU and Allen Fieldhouse more than this game.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bet they talk KU and Allen Fieldhouse more than this game.

KU is the bigger rivalry type of game in the eras where ISU takes Big 12 hardware from them.

During the past 7-8 years and around 99-00 the Iowa game was an afterthought. The two regular season games against KU are easily the two I'm watching if I can only see two every season.

It really gets under their skin how we take over KC and win the tournament most years. The more they deny it the more you know it eats at them.

It's no different than when ISU football was miserable for a few decades and Iowa would have a good stretch of years. It makes sense Hawkeye fans wouldn't give a crap about ISU those years.

• Creative
Reactions: Patrick Riley

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I expect the same. This is a huge game for you guys tonight
It means the same for both teams because it is an in state rival and neither team likes each other, but it means more to the Hawks in a different way. I've been over this plenty of times, but when your roster is made up of predominantly in-state players, they're going to have a little bit different of a mentality than the out of state players do. I guarantee you Bohannon, McCaffery, and Pemsl have a different view point than Garza does.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
"It's our Super Bowl." - Jordan Bohannon

"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.

• Winner
Reactions: breck53

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.
“This game has a lot more weight to it than most games. Some fans, they look at our record and they just see if we beat Iowa State that year." - Jordan Bohannon

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Iowa has 10 kids from Iowa on their roster, only 1 of them was offered by ISU. I dont think we can blame them from taking this game so serious, I'm not sure how you couldn't have a chip on your shoulder after not even getting a sniff from ISU. From the looks of it, its probably what has motivated Jorbo to have the success he's had in his career. He needs ISU.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Halliburton talks about Iowa all the time.

This week I am sure. Do you think he is when this happens........

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Yeah not our Super Bowl though

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I honestly feel like Iowa has a better team at this point from what we've seen from both squads. Their offense has been really good and scoring can come from a lot of places in their lineup. The Cyclones have struggled to shoot and Iowa will dare them to shoot threes over their zone. Hilton will be a big boost, but I think Iowa gets their first Hilton victory in nearly 2 decades 82/72. Hopefully I am wrong and the Cyclones win and shoot well.

I'll also predict a double technical, at least one bloody player (separate incident from double technical, just a basketball play resulting in a cut), Bohannon doing the ol miss dog peeing celebration at midcourt which causes his hips to be permanently injured in that position where they carry him off the court in a dog carrier & he later grad transfers to a school with a dog mascot. They also show his tweet from last night during the broadcast. Early tomorrow morning, Fran gets a multi-year extension announced.

If JorBo doesn’t anything at mid-Court there is a good chance that a bench-clearing brawl ensues.