Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Dude is still sending the same copies of the same assignments. That's once last night, and 3-4 times apiece today.
Volume doesn't make the work better, y'all.
But, for the first time, someone has their own inbox folder. See the e-mails, shunt the e-mails off to the folder.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got a post card from Mexico today. Been a 30 year running joke with freinds, post card take on "the weather is beautiful, wish you were here" becomes TWIHWYWB for "the weather is here, wish you were beautiful". Anyway, they mailed this in February 2018. I was post marked Mexico October 2018 and delivered here in the good old USA this afternoon. :rolleyes:

No water damage so not thinking it went the message in a bottle route although it was sort of rolled up looking.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Im taking a break from bball between isu and the bulls im not sure it's worth.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
OK, so I know that this dude is going to fail, what with the cheating, zeroes, and all that.
He sends in his final stuff, some stuff I told him he could redo (because it won't matter), and some stuff that we didn't talk about redoing.

Sends a follow-up to ask if I got everything. Told him I did, but his final essay didn't approach the question, and also says "1 of 5," but only one page got to me.

So he sent me the whole pile again, but there are no other pages. I'm glad that there aren't many like this guy.

You didn’t find the other 4 pages? They were the blank ones at the bottom. Just forgot to number those.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You didn’t find the other 4 pages? They were the blank ones at the bottom. Just forgot to number those.

So, about that.
Dude sent an email late at night with 10 images of his handiwork.(see, he writes by hand, and photographs the work-----that'll never be accepted again).
Just the same stuff as the other submission bombs.

Another email with 17 images. Same stuff, sometimes multiple times, but this included pages 2, 4, and 5. None of them make up anything like an essay, so it doesn't change anything.

When he complains, I'm going to calmly recommend making sure classes have a full-time instructor with the resources to help him out next time around. Not a knock, but he needs better than what DMACC will provide, as in, someone like me is too busy not being paid by the school most of the semester to come down and help outside of class because we're too busy doing stuff that pays in our desperate attempt to scramble through life.

Just another consequence of going cheap and exploitive in the reliance on adjuncts. This guy is a decent enough guy who partially got screwed by my lack of availability, but also largely through his own awful work.

Status
Not open for further replies.