ISU +3.5 vs ND

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
No surprise ND had a bunch of fan sites...anybody know the most popular one. Or the best one for actual football engagement and not "ISU sucks we have nothing to play for blather"...

Good luck not finding that. Have a better chance of winning the lottery.

• Funny
Reactions: weR138

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Already saw an article where Kelly stated he didn't anticipate any players sitting out but if any came forward they would be handled on individual case basis. FWIW - coach speak

Curious - how would it be different in your mind if he provided this information straight - i.e...non-coach speak? This seems like a pretty straightforward answer to me. Am I just being naive?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Good luck not finding that. Have a better chance of winning the lottery.
Yeah, stupid question on my part.

I have to say I'm getting amped for this. I think I speak for all the Cyclones who went to Catholic school when I say that I want to beat this bowl opponent harder than any we've ever had.

D

Deleted member 8507

Curious - how would it be different in your mind if he provided this information straight - i.e...non-coach speak? This seems like a pretty straightforward answer to me. Am I just being naive?
I don't have any issues with his response. Just providing that ND doesn't anticipate any players bypassing the bowl at this point.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Just looking through bowl lines and Kansas St is now an underdog to Navy by ~2 points. That means EVERY Big XII team is an underdog. ISU is almost the closest thing to a favorite and that is against a team with 3 more wins... Crazy.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Just looking through bowl lines and Kansas St is now an underdog to Navy by ~2 points. That means EVERY Big XII team is an underdog. ISU is almost the closest thing to a favorite and that is against a team with 3 more wins... Crazy.
Bet the dogs in every game

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm and Doc

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Bet the dogs in every game

Not sure I'd bet OSU with the QB out. Does anyone know if Baylor's QB is done. Not even sure what happened there as I left to do something and came back to find the 3rd stringer coming back against OU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure I'd bet OSU with the QB out. Does anyone know if Baylor's QB is done. Not even sure what happened there as I left to do something and came back to find the 3rd stringer coming back against OU.
Brewer got hit on a play and when he was getting helped up, he looked as if he was stepping out of Sips/Paddy's at 2 am. Stumbled around and looked like he didn't know where he was. He tried coming back into the game but the referees told him he had to leave the game due to concussion protocol. I'd confidently say Brewer will be back for the bowl game.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
So some other Big XII lines.. This is a big reason why our bowl lineup sucks. Fewer "Big" games and very tough matchups. Only one team is favored and that game is practically a pick-em. So we are the only Big XII team that appears to be liked by Vegas.

OSU is a 6 pt underdog to Texas A&M
Oklahoma is a big 12 or 13 pt underdog to LSU (makes little sense, does anyone remember the Texas game?)
KSU is barely favored by 1 over Navy
Texas is a 6.5 pt underdog to Utah
Baylor is a 7.5 pt underdog against Georgia

But at the same time, if we had bowl games that were tied in to playing 6-6 or 7-5 MAC or Sunbelt teams, being favored by 10+, people would complain about that being a boring matchup.

It would be nice if all Big 12 bowls below the New Year's 6 had our team playing a Power 5 team that we're slightly better than or evenly matched, but I don't know how you would practically arrange that, unless you stop allowing bowls to pick any league team they want.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
But at the same time, if we had bowl games that were tied in to playing 6-6 or 7-5 MAC or Sunbelt teams, being favored by 10+, people would complain about that being a boring matchup.

It would be nice if all Big 12 bowls below the New Year's 6 had our team playing a Power 5 team that we're slightly better than or evenly matched, but I don't know how you would practically arrange that, unless you stop allowing bowls to pick any league team they want.
So, we need to travel much more poorly so that we wind up in the Cheez-it Bowl against a more “equal”’opponent? Got it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So, we need to travel much more poorly so that we wind up in the Cheez-it Bowl against a more “equal”’opponent? Got it.

Nobody is saying that. These bowl game just show how the Big XII is under rated. We could easily go 1-5 and everyone would point to say, yep we were right they were so overrated. Even though we had actually exceeded expectations. There is no coincidence that the top SEC teams have like 3 of 4 games on Jan 1 all against Big X or ACC teams.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nobody is saying that. These bowl game just show how the Big XII is under rated. We could easily go 1-5 and everyone would point to say, yep we were right they were so overrated. Even though we had actually exceeded expectations. There is no coincidence that the top SEC teams have like 3 of 4 games on Jan 1 all against Big X or ACC teams.
The Big 12 has one great team (OU) and a bunch of other teams that are really tough and are very close to being great. People like to point out that it's OU and everyone else, but because our conference plays everyone, there is going to be a lot more parity than other conferences have.

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The Big 12 has one great team (OU) and a bunch of other teams that are really tough and are very close to being great. People like to point out that it's OU and everyone else, but because our conference plays everyone, there is going to be a lot more parody than other conferences have.

Which is it: you dictated this and then didn't check for accuracy; or, you got your undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa?

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Apparently we're playing a Junior College team? Unless I'm missing something that I don't understand, I'm not sure why Google would list these teams as "Junior College", but it's funny to see the list nonetheless. Nebraska, Iowa, Notre Dame....:D

Attachments

• IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    649 KB · Views: 56

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Which is it: you dictated this and then didn't check for accuracy; or, you got your undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa?
Lol holy grammar Nazis Batman! Ever used swipe to text? It's always auto correcting to stupid things. Not like we're submitting our thesis here...

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
No surprise ND had a bunch of fan sites...anybody know the most popular one. Or the best one for actual football engagement and not "ISU sucks we have nothing to play for blather"...

I don’t think that any are great for bantering with ND fans unless you want to get a membership. The ND free boards are nowhere near as good as this board is.

Overall, I’d say that the Rivals site (IrishIllustrated.com) is the best of the bunch.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don’t think that any are great for bantering with ND fans unless you want to get a membership. The ND free boards are nowhere near as good as this board is.

Overall, I’d say that the Rivals site (IrishIllustrated.com) is the best of the bunch.
Thx, Ken.

Reactions: KenND

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, stupid question on my part.

I have to say I'm getting amped for this. I think I speak for all the Cyclones who went to Catholic school when I say that I want to beat this bowl opponent harder than any we've ever had.
I had 12 years of catholic schools and I'd like nothing better than to see ND crushed, and their fans in agony over being beaten by lowly ISU. That and I may wind up punching a few after the game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron