Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know. Just haven't gotten there yet with this group yet. I ready to be a believer :)
The thing that I've taken away so far this season, is that this team is going to fight like hell the entire game and give it their all. Every loss we've had this season, we've been a possession here or there from taking a lead late or even winning the game. It's a different type of team and bit different style of play, but I like it.

180class

Dec 30, 2015
Iowa gonna open a gigantic first half lead, then piss it down their leg in the 2nd half. Seen that one before too.
Hope not, because this team is not capable of mounting a come back like our previous teams. We are not a good offensive team and as bad as it hurts me to say this, I'm fully preparing myself for a loss tonight at home.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
ISU 86
Hawks 82

The O/U is 157.5........you're well above that. I'm guessing the shooting percentages tonight may not be too special. I'm not going to predict a score, because I'm not firmly convinced of either team winning.

I will say that if the Cyclones play to their potential, as the Hawks obviously did against Syracuse, they should win.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The O/U is 157.5........you're well above that. I'm guessing the shooting percentages tonight may not be too special. I'm not going to predict a score, because I'm not firmly convinced of either team winning.

I will say that if the Cyclones play to their potential, as the Hawks obviously did against Syracuse, they should win.
Iowa could've beaten Syracuse with their B team.. Syracuse is atrocious this year.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
All of this keeps making more and more excited to head to Ames tonight.
Regardless of what either side says back and forth it really does make it more fun. A little chippiness and some spouting off from current and former players gets everybody fired up and brings some excitement to the rivalry. Nobody (I hope) wants to see thing get out of hand. We just want both teams to play their asses off and make it an entertaining game. I haven't watched the clones this year and have only watched the hawks 3 or 4 times but I'll definitely tune in tonight. I think the Clones win a close one. Hilton is too much for this hawk team to overcome I'd suspect.

Reactions: heitclone
D

Deleted member 8507

If Fran lost 20 straight he'd have no choice (unless half the team gets knee-capped in Ames)
No knee caps. We will follow the advice of Carl the groundskeeper and go for the hamstring. He will push everything to the right and quit the game. Wait, he already does that and hasn't quit yet.

Reactions: dexterhawk

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Yes, but if you listen to Cy you will understand that advanced statistics already account for pace of play. It's factored in.
Well "letting Alabama score 91 points against us" isn't using advanced statistics is it?

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
OMG Gitwitit just admitted pace of play exists.[/QUOTE

It is really funny that most Iowa fans think best players from tonight’s game are Luka “modern day McHale”, Wieskamp, and CJ “no weakness” Fredrick. Gee, don’t we have a potential NBA lottery pick playing for us?

Last edited:

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Hilton will give us a boost tonight and should probably be one of the best environments we've had in the arena since Naz, Matt, and Monte's senior year.

I expect the same. This is a huge game for you guys tonight

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Iowa, they take it personal and we do too.
Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.

The players know this is the super bowl. Halliburton talks about this game all the time.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I honestly feel like Iowa has a better team at this point from what we've seen from both squads. Their offense has been really good and scoring can come from a lot of places in their lineup. The Cyclones have struggled to shoot and Iowa will dare them to shoot threes over their zone. Hilton will be a big boost, but I think Iowa gets their first Hilton victory in nearly 2 decades 82/72. Hopefully I am wrong and the Cyclones win and shoot well.

I'll also predict a double technical, at least one bloody player (separate incident from double technical, just a basketball play resulting in a cut), Bohannon doing the ol miss dog peeing celebration at midcourt which causes his hips to be permanently injured in that position where they carry him off the court in a dog carrier & he later grad transfers to a school with a dog mascot. They also show his tweet from last night during the broadcast. Early tomorrow morning, Fran gets a multi-year extension announced.

• Funny
Reactions: AntiSocial