Two game suspension for this

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was very smooth and well-executed right in the flow of the play. Extra points for style.

I understand why the refs might have missed it, but I would think a commissioner seeing it on video would give a full season suspension.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Damn. I had to watch it twice before I even caught it. Still hard to believe the ref standing right in front of them didn't see it, but as cheap shots go that one was pretty well executed.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hopefully they lost the game as well as him getting the suspension. A suspension for something like this is small consolation for the kid/team on the receiving end when he serves it against different opponent(s).

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
It was very smooth and well-executed right in the flow of the play. Extra points for style.

I understand why the refs might have missed it, but I would think a commissioner seeing it on video would give a full season suspension.
The University has suspended him from playing basketball for the rest of the season. So I am not sure where this 2 game suspension title is coming from.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Damn. I had to watch it twice before I even caught it. Still hard to believe the ref standing right in front of them didn't see it, but as cheap shots go that one was pretty well executed.

The ref standing right in front of it is still behind the player who committed the foul, blocking his view. The ref was most likely blocked by the player, or was looking somewhere else. Not entirely excusing the referee from not seeing it, but there is a level of understanding of how he could have missed it. However, it is nice to see that this player is getting punished after the fact.

I can relate to this as a soccer referee, things happen on other parts of the field that you don't see because your focused on the ball or something else that gets your attention.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was this in West Virginia?

cropped_hogue-kick.gif

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The University has suspended him from playing basketball for the rest of the season. So I am not sure where this 2 game suspension title is coming from.

From the University web site: "the university has suspended him from play for the remainder of 2019."

https://saintleolions.com/news/2019...aint-leo-mens-basketball-student-athlete.aspx

But this is obviously December. This isn't much of 2019 left. Did they actually mean the remainder of the 2019-2020 season, or literally "the remainder of 2019"? If the latter, then it could be just a 2-game suspension after all.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
From the University web site: "the university has suspended him from play for the remainder of 2019."

https://saintleolions.com/news/2019...aint-leo-mens-basketball-student-athlete.aspx

But this is obviously December. This isn't much of 2019 left. Did they actually mean the remainder of the 2019-2020 season, or literally "the remainder of 2019"? If the latter, then it could be just a 2-game suspension after all.
Huh, I guess I just read remainder of the 2019 season and assumed the entire season. Good catch, and a great ploy by the team if this is true to get national media off their back.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

That was the original I think.

Glad the university took action.