Weinstein getting a pass?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/harvey-weinstein-won-t-admit-153341017.html

According to Yahoo, there is a settlement in the works that will allow Harvey Weinstein - sexual predator - to not only get by with paying his victims a pittance, but also not admitting any wrongdoing whatsoever. Of the $25 million settlement proposed, $12 million goes to his lawyers.....payment for their compliance in covering up this bag of ****.

I'm all for moving on, but to totally ignore the damage done to these women is not only shameful but criminal.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/harvey-weinstein-won-t-admit-153341017.html

According to Yahoo, there is a settlement in the works that will allow Harvey Weinstein - sexual predator - to not only get by with paying his victims a pittance, but also not admitting any wrongdoing whatsoever. Of the $25 million settlement proposed, $12 million goes to his lawyers.....payment for their compliance in covering up this bag of ****.

I'm all for moving on, but to totally ignore the damage done to these women is not only shameful but criminal.

Not to defend the guy but don't the women have to agree to the settlement?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
He also has serious health issues now, using a walker and such?? trying to play the Cosby, I'm in poor health card.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Nothing should surprise us. There are loads of people pushing to get Roman Polanski allowed to be back in the US roaming free.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

You said "its all good if you have money"

My point is
1. The victims have to agree to the settlement - so peoples issue should be with them agreeing to such a crappy settlement
2. It's a civil matter so it has no bearing on guilt or innocence

I need to go shower now cause it feels like I am defending him when I am not.

Reactions: capitalcityguy

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
According to what I read, it's all but done. The victims' lawyers have pretty much thrown up their hands, they don't want this but they are saying it's the best they can hope for. My biggest thing is that fat Weinstein will never know the shame, fear, degradation, humiliation, etc that these women suffer.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
You said "its all good if you have money"

My point is
1. The victims have to agree to the settlement - so peoples issue should be with them agreeing to such a crappy settlement
2. It's a civil matter so it has no bearing on guilt or innocence

I need to go shower now cause it feels like I am defending him when I am not.

I think you’re missing my point. I fully understand the purpose of a civil trial.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
According to what I read, it's all but done. The victims' lawyers have pretty much thrown up their hands, they don't want this but they are saying it's the best they can hope for. My biggest thing is that fat Weinstein will never know the shame, fear, degradation, humiliation, etc that these women suffer.

If that is the case it follows the scenario my link above outlines in the Epstein case.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He also has serious health issues now, using a walker and such?? trying to play the Cosby, I'm in poor health card.
This should have no merit in decisions about punishment. A person roams around free with good health for years after committing a crime and they don't get caught until later so there should be leniency because they didn't get caught right away? I don't think so. They are lucky they got to enjoy their freedom when younger with good health. Think about if they were caught right away and incarcerated during their prime years - that would be a bigger punishment.

Sorry, no sympathy for those who do the crime but expect leniency because "I am old and sick". Maybe it is actually a gambit to save the taxpayer from giving expensive health care to sickly inmates.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron