Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So advanced stats arent reliable? Because you have referenced them 3,797 times in 12 months. When they fit your narrative they are useful. When they don't fit your narrative they are unreliable? I just quoted exactly what their advanced stats were for their senior years.

What were their advanced stats for the last 4 minutes of each game? That is what is important to you. What were those?

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
What were their advanced stats for the last 4 minutes of each game? That is what is important to you. What were those?
If I wanted to dig I know I can find plenty of posts about Niang botching end of game situations. He had a streak at one point and everyone was wondering why Monte didn't have the ball in end of game situations.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If I wanted to dig I know I can find plenty of posts about Niang botching end of game situations. He had a streak at one point and everyone was wondering why Monte didn't have the ball in end of game situations.
Niang made plenty of plays / shots over his career to outweigh any of the ones he missed.. Please don't compare Georges to Iowa players because it's incredibly insulting to him.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Is getting T'd up more than once for nut shots not dirty? So if Weiskamp does it tomorrow night it's ok because he's a good player? You guys are ridiculous.
The whole premise of the linked list was the amount of fouls charged per game. Fouling does not make a player dirty.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You are correct. It got worst as he got older. He tried to be Monte...he was not
But he never averaged over 3 TOs a game in any season at ISU despite you claiming over 3 per game was his career average. You are just making stuff up again. Nobody is Monte Morris, however a big man averaging over 3 assists a game for his career is doing pretty well. Besides that, a guy scoring 20 points a game is going to have a turnover now and then. Also note that between his junior year and his senior year his scoring went up over 5 points a game while his turnovers went down so again you were wrong about his turnovers getting "worst" as he got older.

For reference, career numbers:
Garza 1.0 a, 1.3 to, 0.77 ratio
Kriener 0.7 a, 0.8 to, 0.88 ratio
Nunge 1.1 a, 1.0 to, 1.1 ratio
Pemsl 1.2 a, 1.4 to, 0.86 ratio

Niang 3.1 a, 2.3 to, 1.35 ratio

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But he never averaged over 3 TOs a game in any season at ISU despite you claiming over 3 per game was his career average. You are just making stuff up again. Nobody is Monte Morris, however a big man averaging over 3 assists a game for his career is doing pretty well. Besides that, a guy scoring 20 points a game is going to have a turnover now and then. Also note that between his junior year and his senior year his scoring went up over 5 points a game while his turnovers went down so again you were wrong about his turnovers getting "worst" as he got older.

For reference, career numbers:
Garza 1.0 a, 1.3 to, 0.77 ratio
Kriener 0.7 a, 0.8 to, 0.88 ratio
Nunge 1.1 a, 1.0 to, 1.1 ratio
Pemsl 1.2 a, 1.4 to, 0.86 ratio

Niang 3.1 a, 2.3 to, 1.35 ratio
Once Georges got nationally recognized, which was about his sophomore year, he was talked about as being one of the most versatile players in all of college basketball.. He was incredibly unique and a matchup nightmare. Kudos to this guy trying to diminish Georges but anyone with a basketball mindset can understand that Georges did so many things that didn't show up in stat sheets while also stuffing the stat sheet.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron