Iowa State strengths and weaknesses

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
I watch some highlights of ND games and the condensed version of the ND vs MI game. I'm sure it is not indicative of their season, and the weather was horrible, but MI ran on ND like crazy, probably 6-7 explosive plays, a lot of them were off tackle and around the edge. Not really sure MI was a great running team all year. I know they were really struggling to do anything at the beginning of the year.

The Michigan game was obviously really bad. As I mentioned before, ND can’t run the ball, and the elements prevented them from throwing it around the field. Michigan pressured Book and he came through with one of his patented crap-the-bed games against a good opponent, 8-25 for 73 yards.

Just one of those terrible games that happen every once in awhile, like Georgia losing to South Carolina this year, Ohio State losing to Purdue In 2018, etc.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Somebody post that gif with the cute red head and the heart thingy in Hilton. I don't have it.

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
The ND defense is 3rd in the nation in passing yards yielded. I think ISU will need to claw for every yard through the air. Hopefully they can get Hall going and ride that horse.

I should mention that the pass defense stats for ND always have a slight skew to them because of Navy being on the schedule every year. The pass defense is really good though, but we’ve seen games where they get picked apart early with short passes and then adjust to shut down the passing game in the second half. That happened this year against Virginia and Stanford, off the top of my head.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
ND’s two best pass rushers won’t be playing, but there is still an ability to get to the QB. How confident are you in your OL?
Not very. They have only given up 14 sacks in 12 games, but they still make me nervous. Expect RT Bryce Meeker to have at least two false starts in this game. Actually, being that it's a bowl game we better up that to three.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
ND’s strength as a fan base is that they are also very friendly.

The first main weakness is that tickets are distributed in a lottery format and many think absolutely nothing of selling their tickets and selling out their team to opposing fans for huge games as a way of recouping some of the cost.

The second weakness is that there are a bizarre number of old people that see games as social events, and they will summon ushers to try and scold or kick out other ND fans for having the audacity to stand up and cheer for the team. Do you guys have old people who do that too, or is it just us?

Little whippersnappers need to stay home and watch the games from their davenport.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Somebody post that gif with the cute red head and the heart thingy in Hilton. I don't have it.
1ff4xs.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I took it as a joke as I am confident he meant it that way.

I did too.

but do coaches really exchange game film n this day and age? I’d assume it was like basketball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron