On That Note: Reflections of My Life

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yeah, I agree that he is alternative - I just meant that the early 90s iteration of that (Cobain, Sonic Youth) was considered "grunge." It didn't have another name yet, really.

True. Hope it didn't sound like I was "correcting" your description. Just adding a little more detail. Consider it "augmentation."

Sincerely,
Augmentation500

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If I may jump into the conversation (don't mind if I do!), depth of Wiki discography can vary from artist to artist. In some cases, on the main page it has a segment for discography, and that may have list of links to album releases only. Above that, sometimes, is a separate link "Band XYZ discography and list of recorded songs" -- that takes you to another page with an expanded singles & albums listing.
It was just weird that the three I looked at today were ALL like the Roxette one. I'm used to seeing a list of albums toward the bottom, and then a list of released singles and where they charted (if at all). Roxette didn't even list the singles. :(

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It was just weird that the three I looked at today were ALL like the Roxette one. I'm used to seeing a list of albums toward the bottom, and then a list of released singles and where they charted (if at all). Roxette didn't even list the singles. :(

Boo for wiki list!

You should register on wiki so you can edit and add links. I do occasional edits -- gives me a sense of empowerment. Or something like that. :)

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Has Wiki changed the way it does the discographies? I looked at several artists this morning (including Roxette) and they're only listing albums, and not what singles charted on which charts. Me no likey...

Some have only the LP discography on the artist page but the will have a hyperlink there something like "Complete Discography for (The artist) here." Or something like that which will then also have their singles. At least most of the ones I've checked out are that way if they don't have the singles on the main Wiki artist page.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Some have only the LP discography on the artist page but the will have a hyperlink there something like "Complete Discography for (The artist) here." Or something like that which will then also have their singles. At least most of the ones I've checked out are that way if they don't have the singles on the main Wiki artist page.
Winner winner chicken dinner. I found the hyperlink on the Roxette wiki page. I'll try to be more observant!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Marie Frederiksson, Roxette

One of my favorite childhood memories: listening to Roxette on Q102 at the pool during the summer in the late 80’s then going home and tuning in to the “Top 5 at 9” on Q102 to see if it would make the countdown.