Bowl Game Pick'em Contest

Would you participate in Bowl Game Confidence Contest?

• Yes

Votes: 55 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
If I set-up a group on ESPN's Bowl Mania to have a contest where you select the winner of each bowl game and set a confidence point total to each game would people be interested in participating?

It's no cost. Free, and it is just for "pride"/Braggin' Rights.

Update for 2020:

12/21/20: If you still want to join thus far you would have only lost 1 point out of the 435 possible so easily have a chance to still win. 2 more Bowl games on 12/22.

Group is set-up. First game is Monday, Dec. 21 (1:30 pm Central time) so be sure to at least get that pick and confidence points set by that kickoff time.

Please try to use your Cyclone Fanatic username (ex. for me it is BigJCy) as the "entry name" for your sheet so that way it's easier to keep track of who's who.

If you were in this last year should just be able to "Rejoin Group"

You can join here (name of the group is Cy Fanatic):

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2020/en/group?groupID=252249

Lets have a lot of people join in on the fun!

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Didn’t cyclone fanatic do one of these last year? Or maybe it has been longer than that. I think there were prizes and all that too.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Didn’t cyclone fanatic do one of these last year? Or maybe it has been longer than that. I think there were prizes and all that too.
Think it was a couple years ago and think it may have been using "against the spread" instead of confidence points.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I went ahead and set-up the Group.. First set of games is Friday, Dec. 20th so be sure to at least get those picks and confidence points set by that date for those games.

Please try to use your Cyclone Fanatic username (ex. for me it is BigJCy) as the "entry name" for your sheet if possible so that way it's easier to keep track of who's who.

You can join here (name of the group is Cy Fanatic):

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2019/en/group?groupID=252249#

Lets have a lot of people join in on the fun!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I enjoy the other games set up in CF; wouldn't mind trying this. However, could you maybe explain to a non-gambler what confidence points are? Asking for a friend...

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I enjoy the other games set up in CF; wouldn't mind trying this. However, could you maybe explain to a non-gambler what confidence points are? Asking for a friend...
Each game you set a point total to. The games you are most confident in a team winning you set a higher point total to. Then obviously the ones you are not as confident you put a lower point total. You rank them 1 thru 41 points. Person with the most points at the end wins.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Are you serious? You have never played one of these bowl pick games? And I thought you were world-wise.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Are you serious? You have never played one of these bowl pick games? And I thought you were world-wise.
I may have...
I just don't really follow the gambling terminology. You might notice I still have ALL my CF dollars; I haven't even placed a bet in here with virtual money!
Each game you set a point total to. The games you are most confident in a team winning you set a higher point total to. Then obviously the ones you are not as confident you put a lower point total. You rank them 1 thru 41 points. Person with the most points at the end wins.

Okay, so if I'm extremely confident that one team is going to beat the crap out of another, I assign high confidence points? Do I have to use the full range of numbers 1-41, or can I (for example) rank three games with a confidence factor of 35?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I may have...
I just don't really follow the gambling terminology. You might notice I still have ALL my CF dollars; I haven't even placed a bet in here with virtual money!

Okay, so if I'm extremely confident that one team is going to beat the crap out of another, I assign high confidence points? Do I have to use the full range of numbers 1-41, or can I (for example) rank three games with a confidence factor of 35?

You use #1 to 41, each only once.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I may have...

Yes, if you are the MOST confident about a certain game give it 41 points. You must use the full range of numbers.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I may have...

For your last question, you rank each game with a number. You can't double-up.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'm in. Thanks @BigJCy for putting this together.

I'll lay claim to last place for anyone thinking twice about entering.
Yeah -- I'm still looking at the matchups & trying to decide confidence levels (whose idea of masochism was THAT???). Don't be counting your last place chickens just yet. And if @cyclones500 is in, we'll likely be in a race to the bottom! :D

Help Support Us

Become a patron