2019 Fantasy Football

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
The injury bug finally hit me with Mike Evans going down..... Got some choices at WR Now. Pick two of these guys and one has to be a WR:
Manny Sanders
Michael Gallup
Miles Sanders
David Montgomery

Full point PPR, thanks!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I saw where if you take the two 30 point games away from Lockett he's essentially been Randall Cobb this year. Yikes. That Josh Gordon signing has murdered his fantasy value.

Yeah I am glad I did not take the advice of some here and benched him last week for Robert Woods who has been hot lately. 25.70 pts for Woods to just 8.30 for Lockett. Wouldn't have mattered if I did, I still won by nearly 67 points so hoping this isn't the week I see a letdown.

Think I am going to roll out the same lineup that had the top score last week. The 1, 2, and 4 seeds all lost round 1 so hope that my road as the 3 seed is easier now.

QB: Mahomes
WR: Golladay
WR: Sutton
RB: McCaffrey
RB: Gurley
TE: Waller
Flex: Woods
K: Butker
Def: Steelers

Only guy on my bench right now that is tempting to use is Singletary who is on a decent 3 game run but he faces the Steelers this week and Gurley is finally getting more usage down the stretch.

Reactions: 4theCYcle

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The guy I'm playing against this week in the playoffs is going with Tannehill over Mahomes. I would have bet A LOT of money before the season that this would be literally an impossible scenario.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
upload_2019-12-11_9-44-48.png

Should I bench Lockett? If yes, for Samuel or Sanders? Also assuming Jacobs is really hurt so added Washington on waivers this morning. Or should I trust Mostert even though the 49ers RB trio is hard to read.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The guy I'm playing against this week in the playoffs is going with Tannehill over Mahomes. I would have bet A LOT of money before the season that this would be literally an impossible scenario.

Crazy, dumb move as Mahomes is way more trustworthy fantasy option even with the tough stretch hes gone through.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Crazy, dumb move as Mahomes is way more trustworthy fantasy option even with the tough stretch hes gone through.
He's a Broncos fan and the Broncos are at the Chiefs. So I think he's letting his fandom into the situation. He doesn't want to see Mahomes light up the Broncos. Plus I think he's assuming the Texans Titans game will be a shootout.

• Informative
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He's a Broncos fan and the Broncos are at the Chiefs. So I think he's letting his fandom into the situation. He doesn't want to see Mahomes light up the Broncos. Plus I think he's assuming the Texans Titans game will be a shootout.

Can't let your fan side of things affect your decisions IMO. Kind of like how David Montgomery was probably a popular pick for Cyclone fans and probably got drafted sooner than he should have. Ask them how that turned out for them.

Mahomes got hurt the last time they played Denver but with Tannehill's history even with this hot stretch he is in I'd have a hard time trusting him. Mahomes could blow up for a 300+ yd 4 TD game any time too.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The injury bug finally hit me with Mike Evans going down..... Got some choices at WR Now. Pick two of these guys and one has to be a WR:
Manny Sanders
Michael Gallup
Miles Sanders
David Montgomery

Full point PPR, thanks!
Right now I’d go with Sanders if HOWARD is out. They’re going to be running a lot with a depleted wr group just like the other night and he’s getting catches.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Can't let your fan side of things affect your decisions IMO. Kind of like how David Montgomery was probably a popular pick for Cyclone fans and probably got drafted sooner than he should have. Ask them how that turned out for them.

Mahomes got hurt the last time they played Denver but with Tannehill's history even with this hot stretch he is in I'd have a hard time trusting him. Mahomes could blow up for a 300+ yd 4 TD game any time too.
I would have to look it up but I'm fairly confident Montgomery was taken before Derrick Henry in our league. He's been my best player this year.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Question for everyone in a ppr league. Just came off my bye. I picked up bo Scarborough for depth off waivers. With the way last week went and the lack of ingram usage...my rb group is McCaffrey, fournette and ingram. Would anyone put Scarborough in for Ingram?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

So in the event that Mahomes DOES light up his Broncos, he'll be doubly disappointed.

Makes sense.

Reactions: Dandy

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Question for everyone in a ppr league. Just came off my bye. I picked up bo Scarborough for depth off waivers. With the way last week went and the lack of ingram usage...my rb group is McCaffrey, fournette and ingram. Would anyone put Scarborough in for Ingram?
Ehhh, I think Ingram probably gets the ball a lot against the Jets with Lamar a little banged up so I would roll with him.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Yeah I am glad I did not take the advice of some here and benched him last week for Robert Woods who has been hot lately. 25.70 pts for Woods to just 8.30 for Lockett. Wouldn't have mattered if I did, I still won by nearly 67 points so hoping this isn't the week I see a letdown.

Think I am going to roll out the same lineup that had the top score last week. The 1, 2, and 4 seeds all lost round 1 so hope that my road as the 3 seed is easier now.

QB: Mahomes
WR: Golladay
WR: Sutton
RB: McCaffrey
RB: Gurley
TE: Waller
Flex: Woods
K: Butker
Def: Steelers

Only guy on my bench right now that is tempting to use is Singletary who is on a decent 3 game run but he faces the Steelers this week and Gurley is finally getting more usage down the stretch.

That's definitely a competing lineup!

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA

Yeah, you always should roll with your star. I made the mistake of throwing in Darnold for Watson when Darnold was on his so called little hot streak and Watson put up 42 against the Pats (our tds are worth 6 and completion % matters).

• Agree

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
My WRs all seem to be getting injured this week. Chark hurt ankle, Marvin Jones goes on IR. Luckily Robert Woods and Landry has been hot lately. Andrews also hurt doesn't help. Rolling this lineup this week:

Watson
Jones
Woods
Landry
CMC
Gurley
Andrews
Chiefs D over Packers?? I'm assuming Chiefs
Prater

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
My WRs all seem to be getting injured this week. Chark hurt ankle, Marvin Jones goes on IR. Luckily Robert Woods and Landry has been hot lately. Andrews also hurt doesn't help. Rolling this lineup this week:

Watson
Jones
Woods
Landry
CMC
Gurley
Andrews
Chiefs D over Packers?? I'm assuming Chiefs
Prater

Defense is a toss up to me. As crazy as it sounds I'd lean Chiefs because for as bad as they have been most of the season the past 3 games they have been much better and Denver is not a high powered offense. Then again neither are the Bears against GB either so not sure it will make a ton of difference either way.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Defense is a toss up to me. As crazy as it sounds I'd lean Chiefs because for as bad as they have been most of the season the past 3 games they have been much better and Denver is not a high powered offense. Then again neither are the Bears against GB either so not sure it will make a ton of difference either way.

I have chiefs as my starter. Packers have slouched off and I don't know if I trust that defense when Trubisky has had an uptick in offense. While Lock is playing decently, it's still a game on the road against their divisional rival, so I tend to think he may struggle in arrowhead and they could at least force some turnovers.

That's my line of thinking anyways.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Yeah, you always should roll with your star. I made the mistake of throwing in Darnold for Watson when Darnold was on his so called little hot streak and Watson put up 42 against the Pats (our tds are worth 6 and completion % matters).
There is a rule I've seen often:
"If they're healthy, play who got you there."
There meaning playoffs.