cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Three more unbeaten teams bit the dust tonight (Butler, Louisville and Maryland) Only 5 remain unblemished.

Undefeated (thru 12-10)
Atlantic Sun: Liberty
Atlantic 10: Duquesne
Big Ten: Ohio State
Mountain West: San Diego State
SEC: Auburn

Winless (thru 12-10)
Atlantic Sun: Kennesaw State
MEAC: Florida A&M
Northeast: Central Connecticut State
Southland: Houston Baptist

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Seems like they've disappeared pretty fast this year

No kiddin' ... a week ago there were still 19. I think we had around 9 as recently as Sunday (I didn't save my updated list during the past week span). Also interesting to have Duquesne alive (and Liberty to an extent). If you asked me in preseason to guess the final 5, I doubt I would've chosen those.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
No kiddin' ... a week ago there were still 19. I think we had around 9 as recently as Sunday (I didn't save my updated list during the past week span). Also interesting to have Duquesne alive (and Liberty to an extent). If you asked me in preseason to guess the final 5, I doubt I would've chosen those.
Yeah, no way I would have put them on the list. I don't think I would have put San Diego State up there either. I guess this is what happens when there are a lot of big upsets this early though.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yeah, no way I would have put them on the list. I don't think I would have put San Diego State up there either. I guess this is what happens when there are a lot of big upsets this early though.

Yeah, a lot of years, a good share of the final 10 seem to be heavy-hitters (going strictly from memory on that). Two of the five are ranked (Ohio State and Auburn), but one might think there'd be more top 10 teams represented. I think even when there were 19 or 20 left this season, only 4 of those were ranked in top 10.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Yeah, a lot of years, a good share of the final 10 seem to be heavy-hitters (going strictly from memory on that). Two of the five are ranked (Ohio State and Auburn), but one might think there'd be more top 10 teams represented. I think even when there were 19 or 20 left this season, only 4 of those were ranked in top 10.
It seems crazy, but it kind of makes sense though when you think about how many of the "top" teams are plating in challenging games right at the start of the season. Like the Big 4 classic with Michigan State, KU, Kentucky, and Duke.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Updated thru 12-15. (Ohio State off the list w/ loss at Minnesota). Almost time for a separate thread with a poll (I should've done that when we still had 5 teams ... oh well).

UNBEATEN (4)
Atlantic Sun Liberty
Atlantic 10 Duquesne
Mountain West San Diego State
SEC Auburn

WINLESS (3)
MEAC Florida A&M
Northeast Central Connecticut State
Southland Houston Baptist