Bowl Disney Planning

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How long until someone creates a Cy with Mickey Mouse ears? I need a new seasonal avatar.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
After reading this I think I'll skip Disney. What about SeaWorld or Universal? I should have one free day to check one of them out

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Our current plans are to pick up my sister from the band on the 30th as she wants to come back with us instead of on the band bus. We have plans to go to Disney in about 4 years after she graduates. My dad and I are thinking we will spend the 29th scouting our trip while they are at Disney (super jealous). Any suggestions for this. We have been twice in 2005 and 2013.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

FYI they still allow you to do this as of a year or so ago. Our 2 year old has a prosthetic leg and we just had to sign up for the disability pass at one of the buildings up front. While her disability is pretty obvious to the untrained eye, they did not require any documentation.

From what I recall the way it worked was you used it like a fast pass. You scanned it at the fast pass station and they gave you a window of time to come back in. You could only be signed in to one ride at a time. So while it helped it was not necessarily a way to the front of the line.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My advice, don't go. $125 a park per person, 3 to 4 hour lines for rides. Best time to go to Disney is when they are doing their world food fair. Sure its magical and all but you need to sell your left kidney afterwards to make the bills work.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
My advice, don't go. $125 a park per person, 3 to 4 hour lines for rides. Best time to go to Disney is when they are doing their world food fair. Sure its magical and all but you need to sell your left kidney afterwards to make the bills work.

Unfortunately for Clone fans, the week from Christmas to New Year's is maybe the busiest at Disney.

Mar 1, 2012
Iowa
Would Christmas day be busy? I'm flying in the 23rd
Yes, it will. We went last year Christmas Day but we were there over an hour before park opening (rope drop) and had a good touring plan. We usually go during the off season (just got back a few weeks ago) but Christmas was still enjoyable. If you’re going for the first time over the holidays know it’s going to be crazy busy and go with the flow. People who go over the holidays and don’t know what they’re doing are the ones who say how terrible it is and they never want to go back. Then there’s fanatics like me who had a great experience and go back year after year. We are only one day before the bowl game knowing it’s going to be busy but I can’t be in Orlando and not go to Disney! Did Universal a few weeks ago also, definitely would need the express pass over the holidays and park to park to do all the Harry Potter. It is also $$$$!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes, it will. We went last year Christmas Day but we were there over an hour before park opening (rope drop) and had a good touring plan. We usually go during the off season (just got back a few weeks ago) but Christmas was still enjoyable. If you’re going for the first time over the holidays know it’s going to be crazy busy and go with the flow. People who go over the holidays and don’t know what they’re doing are the ones who say how terrible it is and they never want to go back. Then there’s fanatics like me who had a great experience and go back year after year. We are only one day before the bowl game knowing it’s going to be busy but I can’t be in Orlando and not go to Disney! Did Universal a few weeks ago also, definitely would need the express pass over the holidays and park to park to do all the Harry Potter. It is also $$$$!

Is SeaWorld worth it if you don't want to fight the crowds and don't really care about the rides? Just looking for something to do for a day down there

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Is SeaWorld worth it if you don't want to fight the crowds and don't really care about the rides? Just looking for something to do for a day down there

I'd ask some locals for a good airboat tour in a swampy bog that includes seeing alligators in the wild. Seriously. It was the most fun I've ever had in Orlando.