CF's 2010s All-Decade Football Team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just think what seasons ISU could have put together if they had an O-line of Osemele, Campos, Farniok, Good-Jones and Knipfel for 4 years. Put those in front of any combination of offensive skill players we have had and they could be successful.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
lg-Kirby-Van-Der-Kamp-vs-Iowa-2011.jpg

Holy cow those grey face masks were AWFUL. Helmet looks like something you'd get with one of those football halloween costumes.

Sidenote: I've missed KVDK since his last game

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Gotta say, since A-Rob’s senior season is all that counts for the ‘10’s, I think I might have taken Breece over him.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
More great content from CF. Thanks for putting this list together. It's quite the challenge to give everyone their due over a 10 year period. Some thoughts:

I have enjoyed watching Kene, but Jarvis West had some pretty good punt and kickoff returns. He swung momentum at a critical time in the big OSU upset game. Close call, but I would put him above Kene. An electric player who also had a monster game against Baylor in 2012.

While Lanning only played linebacker for one year, he did make at least one first Team All America list if I remember correctly. Jeremiah George was a great Cyclone who didn't have a lot of help around him. No argument with Knott and Klein. They were fun to watch.

ISU had some good run blocking lines early in the decade. Chizik brought some pretty good linemen here.

Can't argue with many of the other categories.

Reactions: wgleason

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I have enjoyed watching Kene, but Jarvis West had some pretty good punt and kickoff returns. He swung momentum at a critical time in the big OSU upset game. Close call, but I would put him above Kene. An electric player who also had a monster game against Baylor in 2012.

I totally agree with this. I voted for Jarvis. If Kene is so good, then why did it talk 3/4 of the year for the coaches to let him do his job!!! Somewhat kidding, but yeah, I thought Jarvis got screwed here.

Reactions: norcalcy

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I totally agree with this. I voted for Jarvis. If Kene is so good, then why did it talk 3/4 of the year for the coaches to let him do his job!!! Somewhat kidding, but yeah, I thought Jarvis got screwed here.

Kene is hurt by rule changes that have made returning kicks disadvantageous in most situations. He has the school record for average kick return and it is only one yard better than what you get from a touchback. It is an unfortunate byproduct of making the game safer.

• Creative
Reactions: CloneFan4

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I, too, voted for my man Jarvis West. That guy could change directions in the blink of an eye.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
What a ride this list was. Some positions it was obvious(no clue who be QB if it wasn't Purdy) and some there's 1-2 good players and then a very obvious drop off in talent

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Interview with Kene mid season, he spends the whole interview rubbing his shoulder. How did all of those sharp-eyed reporters miss that? Guys that aren’t hurt don’t do that.

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Kind of depressing to start. Thinking we've been on a good run for awhile and thinking about some of the great players we've had recently, just to see that we are still 20+ games below .500 for the decade...