Kansas State Tears

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
K-State fans keep claiming "the 3 largest crowds ever to cross state lines to watch a college football game". Did some googling to figure out they were referring to two bowl game they played in '97 and '03. They travelled well a couple decades ago....

I think that they are having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that their travel reputation isn't what it used to be. The CWB clearly picked the ISU fans over the KSU fans and that is probably hard for them to swallow.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Some people do not realize how true this is. You have to go clear back to 1934 to find a head coach with a .500 or better record at KSU before Snyder. If you just want a coach with a .400 or better record before Snyder you only have to go back to 1939.

The telling stat of just how bad KSU has been at football is the fact that they’ve won something like 30 of the last 35 against us - and that has only gotten them within reach of tying the all time series between our two schools. Now, remember how historically bad ISU’s team has been over the last century plus.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
The telling stat of just how bad KSU has been at football is the fact that they’ve won something like 30 of the last 35 against us - and that has only gotten them within reach of tying the all time series between our two schools. Now, remember how historically bad ISU’s team has been over the last century plus.
It's time to return that favor.

• Agree
Reactions: wgleason

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Some people do not realize how true this is. You have to go clear back to 1934 to find a head coach with a .500 or better record at KSU before Snyder. If you just want a coach with a .400 or better record before Snyder you only have to go back to 1939.

I'd be careful with throwing Coaching Records smack around . . . :confused:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If the shoe were on the other foot, isu fans would be outraged too. No one will admit it, but if isu were 8-5 with a head to head win over ksu and got passed over for this same bowl/matchup we'd all be butthurt a.f.

If we beat K-State, we would be in the Alamo Bowl again and they would have been bumped from Orlando by Texas instead of us. Too bad, little brother.

• Agree
Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'd be careful with throwing Coaching Records smack around . . . :confused:
Fair enough, ISU may have had only two coaches who were .500+ during that period - and no I didn't count interim head coach Chuck Banker. But in that time period when KSU didn't have a single coach who was even .400+ ISU had nine.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
If K-Ag fans are so distraught, they can always get a hug from their DBs.

DPhD7QfVwAAnMo1
Thats great coverage! :-(

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Thats great coverage! :-(

Did anyone else notice that Reggie did our Texas game this year, and in the final 5 minutes when there were two PI penalties called on Texas, he made no effort at all to talk the other officials out of the call or question the call? Don't you have to think he got called on the carpet for his blatant intentional errors at K-State two years ago? I think he did and he knows he had better not overrule obvious penalties again or his position as head ref will likely be in jeopardy. I guess we will never know why he had it in for us that day, but I think it was just a one-time thing.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If the shoe were on the other foot, isu fans would be outraged too. No one will admit it, but if isu were 8-5 with a head to head win over ksu and got passed over for this same bowl/matchup we'd all be butthurt a.f.

It's a 4 way tie everybody beat somebody. Our noncon loss was to a rated Iowa.

By the way if we were 8-5 we'd be Sugar Bowl bound.