Mock drafts slotting Tyrese Haliburton as potential lottery pick

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He'll revert back to a pass first, shoot second PG in the league, unless he continues completely light it up this season and that mentality in his head changes. I think he will always want to be a pass first PG
His shot is much quicker than last year. He will make adjustments as needed I'm sure. I think he's an obvious first rounder.

That cross over step back 18 footer against Seton Hall in Hilton was gross. He also got a quick three off late in the game to get up by 10 if I remember.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
I think Tyrese is the type of guy that wants to make a mark @ ISU. He wants to win games, and do something special. He's looking at this team now, and the studs that are coming in next year and I think he sees something special being constructed. For that reason I think he comes back for one more year.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I think Tyrese is the type of guy that wants to make a mark @ ISU. He wants to win games, and do something special. He's looking at this team now, and the studs that are coming in next year and I think he sees something special being constructed. For that reason I think he comes back for one more year.
I’d like to think that too but if he’s projected a first rounder I think he’s gone. I hope he stays though

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
First thought-if he's projected first round Prohm will tell him to go. 3 years guaranteed money. Who would pass that up?

Second thought-if he's a first round pick coming in as a 3 star recruit ranked somewhere around 150 in his class (?)- it opens living rooms for Prohm to recruit better and better players. It's how he got Foster.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not sure why we're even consider he'd come back. He's a solid first rounder and possible lottery pick. This is a great outcome for TH & ISU. kid was a middle 3* now he's one of the best in the country barely into his sophomore season. That's what grows a program.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
he's starting to be projected as a lottery pick, not just a first rounder.

10th in latest espn mock would be $11m over 3 years.

TH has limited time left in a cyclone uniform.

Yep this is exactly right. If hes an expected lottery pick Prohm better shove him out the door if he is even considering coming back. That is generational money with his first contract. TH loves Iowa State and I'm sure wants to make an enormous impact. He is making that impact this year and being taken in the lottery I promise you Prohm cashes that in for our next stud PG on the recruiting trail.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Did any of you all think he’d be this good, this year? I certainly didn’t.
Nope I was on here questioning some Of his preseason accolades. Not that I thought he would be bad but I didn't think he'd be this good. I was dead wrong and very happy about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Doc

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I didn't. I thought he'd play good enough to sneak into the 1st round but as of now he'd have to get hit by a grenade to not be in the first round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

No way. I thought he'd be good, but maybe struggle to step up his scoring and with taking on too much. Last year he almost never went to the hoop or created his own shot. It's really impressive what he's done...he's an actual playmaker now. Freaking lottery is looking more likely. That's just crazy.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
A young Shaun Livingston without the injury, and at least a capable 3 point shot that he can get off when wide open.
I see the similarities in play style, but I think Shaun was a more polished scorer than TH is at this point. Shaun was a mismatch nightmare, put your small quick guard on the perimeter with him? Fine, he'll pass it to his 2 and go post that lil boy up. Want to put a 6'7 wing on him? lol, good luck staying in front of him.

Shaun Livingston is up there on my list of "What if's" in the NBA. He was sooo freaking impressive with the ball before that injury. Hell, he's still amazing with it at 34 and reinventing his game a bit.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I see the similarities in play style, but I think Shaun was a more polished scorer than TH is at this point. Shaun was a mismatch nightmare, put your small quick guard on the perimeter with him? Fine, he'll pass it to his 2 and go post that lil boy up. Want to put a 6'7 wing on him? lol, good luck staying in front of him.

Shaun Livingston is up there on my list of "What if's" in the NBA. He was sooo freaking impressive with the ball before that injury. Hell, he's still amazing with it at 34 and reinventing his game a bit.
Honestly, I would love to see Haliburton add a couple post moves to his game when teams put a small guard on him. The fade away floater he shot, he was at least a foot or 2 above the defender.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Honestly, I would love to see Haliburton add a couple post moves to his game when teams put a small guard on him. The fade away floater he shot, he was at least a foot or 2 above the defender.
I think he could do it, he just never had that in his game (or needed it really) so it would take some time and conscious effort to build up his ability around the rim. Or even more so, just getting it in his head that he can and should do that when he has the mismatch. Shaun would wave everyone off and pass it knowing that is what he wanted. I'd love to see TH incorporate that, even if just a little.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: Cycl1 and moores2