***Camping World Bowl Accommodations Thread***

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Seeking some advice as I am unfamiliar with Orlando. I currently have a room booked at the Hampton Inn South Downtown. Is that a good area? I am seeing people wanting to stay down SW around the Orlando Hilton and Disney World properties. I’ve also seen people talk about wanting to be near downtown which appears a long ways apart. I’m not as worried about being close to the stadium but I’d like to be close to where all the Cyclone fans will be hanging out before and after the game. Should I keep my room or rebook down there?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It is Hilton Orlando

Do you have info other than what some of us have heard? This is what I've heard, but I'm still waiting to find something linked to an official source.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Seeking some advice as I am unfamiliar with Orlando. I currently have a room booked at the Hampton Inn South Downtown. Is that a good area? I am seeing people wanting to stay down SW around the Orlando Hilton and Disney World properties. I’ve also seen people talk about wanting to be near downtown which appears a long ways apart. I’m not as worried about being close to the stadium but I’d like to be close to where all the Cyclone fans will be hanging out before and after the game. Should I keep my room or rebook down there?

I've heard a lot of each. We booked at the Hyatt Regency (international drive)just because its close to all the team hotels and "official partners". It's also walking distance from Pointe Orlando- a bar and restaurant district (where the bowl official pep rally's will be held. But downtown seems to be popular as well...

I would assume the official Iowa State pep rally will be at the Orange County Convention Center across the street, but it sounds like JP is looking for a bigger venue? It looks like this place holds about 3000 in the largest ballroom. I could see finding an outdoor venue similar to Memphis at Auto Zone Park.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Do you have info other than what some of us have heard? This is what I've heard, but I'm still waiting to find something linked to an official source.
This is the screenshot I took of the original charter info from the athletics website. It looks like it has since changed to the Hyatt but without the comment about it being the team hotel.

2019-12-08 19.04.12.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
For those who haven't been down there, Orlando is a sprawling city. Lots of pockets of "downtown" like areas, "downtown disney" being one of them, but no real central location to everyone. I think you are better off getting a place closer to the stadium and then driving/taking a ride to the places you want to see.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Anyone know/heard where all of the leprechauns are staying? We seem to be congregating a little around the convention center with both the alumni group and CF hanging out that way.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: conmebol

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is the screenshot I took of the original charter info from the athletics website. It looks like it has since changed to the Hyatt but without the comment about it being the team hotel.

View attachment 69107

I don't think they switched as much as added on. The rooms the alumni association had reserved for the Hilton Orlando all sold out. Now booking folks to Hyatt, which is a yuge hotel just up the street. Turns out my Sunday room grab at Hyatt won't leave me as the "lone clone" there, for sure.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I just got a 4 bed AirBNB for the 27th and 28th within walking distance to the stadium for $600 total. Awesome!!!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just got a 4 bed AirBNB for the 27th and 28th within walking distance to the stadium for $600 total. Awesome!!!

I know you can handle yourself but I just want you to be aware the neighborhood immediately surrounding the stadium is one of the worst neighborhoods in Orlando.

That's why they do shuttles from downtown as well for anyone else planning on walking. I don't think it's gonna be a big deal if there's a ton of people and it's not at night. Just trying to warn people :)

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I know you can handle yourself but I just want you to be aware the neighborhood immediately surrounding the stadium is one of the worst neighborhoods in Orlando.

That's why they do shuttles from downtown as well for anyone else planning on walking. I don't think it's gonna be a big deal if there's a ton of people and it's not at night. Just trying to warn people :)

It's not right by the stadium, it's a few blocks away.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I think I found his AirBNB. ;)

upload_2019-12-11_16-46-19.png

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
If anyone is still looking to get down to Orlando and has the days available, you can do it pretty cheap here. Tampa isn't a bad drive

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron